logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Liadan  
#61 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2007 9:30:44 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

There is a dangerous virus being passed around electronically, orally, and by hand.

This virus is called Weary-Overload- Recreation- Killer (WORK).

If you receive WORK from any of your colleagues, your boss, or anyone else via any means DO NOT TOUCH IT.

This virus will wipe out your private life completely!!

If you should come into contact with WORK, put your jacket on and take two good friends to the nearest grocery store.

Purchase the antidote known as Work-Isolating- Neutralizer- Extract (WINE) or Bothersome-Employer -Elimination- Rebooter (BEER).

Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should forward this warning to 5 friends. If you do not have 5 friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

Liadan  
#62 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 8:06:48 AM(UTC)
Liadan

A stockbroker was filling out a job application when he came to the question: "Have you ever been arrested?" He answered no to the question. The next question, intended for those who answered the preceding question with a yes, was "why?" Nevertheless, the stockbroker answered it "Never got caught."
Liadan  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:54:27 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Q: What's the difference between a pigeon and a stockbroker?

A: The pigeon can still make a deposit on a BMW.

Liadan  
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:16:13 AM(UTC)
Liadan

The Walton's invited their new neighbors over to dinner. During dinner Mr.Walton was asked what he did for a living.

Eight years old Brian Walton jumped in and said, "Daddy is a fisherman!"

To which Mrs.Walton replied, "Brian, why do say that. Your daddy is a stockbroker, not a fisherman."

"No mom. Everytime we visit dad at work and he hangs up the phone he laughs, rubs his hands together and says 'I just caught another fish'."

Liadan  
#65 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 10:08:00 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Why is a BMW a stockbroker's favorite car?

Because he can't spell Porsche.

Liadan  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:43:20 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Bull Market is a random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.

Bear Market is a 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry and the husband gets no sex.

Liadan  
#67 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2007 11:58:59 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Top Ten Signs You've Eaten
Too Much at Thanksgiving Dinner...

10. Hundreds of volunteers have started to stack sandbags around you.

9. Doctor tells you your weight would be perfect for a man 17 feet tall.

8. You are responsible for a slight but measurable shift in the earth's axis.

7. Right this minute you're laughing up pie on the carpet.

6. You decide to take a little nap and wake up in mid-July.

5. World's fattest man sends you a telegram, warning you to "back off!"

4. CBS tells you to lose weight or else.

3. Getting off your couch requires help from the fire department.

2. Every escalator you step on immediately grinds to a halt.

1. You're sweatin' gravy

Liadan  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:10:27 AM(UTC)
Liadan

An elderly gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the French customs desk, the man took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on bag. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked, sarcastically. The elderly gentleman admitted he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready." The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it." "Impossible. Americans always have to show their passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained.

"Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to."

Liadan  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:11:55 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very [censored]25 year- old blonde who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful [censored]appeal and charm. She hangs onto Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word.

His buddies at the club are all aghast. At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, "Bob, how did you get the trophy girlfriend?" Bob replies, "Girlfriend? She's my wife!" They're amazed, but continue to ask. "So, how did you persuade her to marry you?" "I lied about my age," Bob replies "What, did you tell her you were only 50?" Bob smiles and says, "No, I told her I was 90."

Liadan  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:37:42 AM(UTC)
Liadan

If dogs were the teachers, you would learn stuff like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.

Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.

Let fresh air and the wind in your face be pure ecstasy.

When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Let others know when they've invaded your territory.

Take naps.

Stretch before rising.

Run, romp, and play daily.

Thrive on attention and let people touch you.

Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.

On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.

On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.

When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.

No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and never hold a grudge! Run right back and make friends.

Delight in the joy of a long walk.

Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.

Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.

If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.

When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
Liadan  
#71 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2007 8:35:09 AM(UTC)
Liadan

A man walking in the countryside meets a shepherd and a big flock of sheep.

The man tells the shepherd: "I will bet you 1000 against one of your sheep that I can tell you the exact number in this flock."

The shepherd thinks it over; it's a big flock so he takes the bet.

"855," says the man.

The shepherd is amazed, because this is the exact number. Says "OK, I'm a man of my word, take a sheep."

Man picks one up and starts walking away.

"Wait," shouts the shepherd, "Let me have a chance to get even. Double or nothing that I can guess your exact occupation!"

Man says "OK."

"You are an economist working for the government," says the shepherd.

"Amazing!" responds the man, "You are exactly right! But tell me, how did you conclude to that?"

"Well," says the shepherd, "put down my dog and I will tell you!"

Liadan  
#72 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 1:27:24 PM(UTC)
Liadan

A Financial Planner is a guy who says to client: I've reviewed your financial picture, and if we manage your money properly, there should be plenty for both of us.

An Institutional Investor is past year's investor who's now locked up in a nut house.

A Stock Split is when your ex-wife and her lawyer split all your assets equally between themselves.

Value Investing: The art of buying low and selling lower.

Bull Market: A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.

STOCK: A magical piece of paper that is worth 39.95 until the moment you buy it. It will then be worth 5.50!

BOND: What you had with your spouse until you pawned his/her golf clubs to invest in stocks.

BROKER: The person you trust to help you make major financial decisions. Please note the first five letters of this word spell "Broke."

Liadan  
#73 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2007 10:14:16 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Feudalism: You have two cows. Your Lord takes some of the milk.

Fascism: You have two cows. The government takes both, hires you to take care of them, and sells you the milk.

Communism: You have two cows. Your neighbors help take care of them and you share the milk.

Militarism: You have two cows. The State takes both and drafts you.

Mafia: You have two cows. You give one to the Godfather on the day of his daughter's wedding. In return, he doesn't have your legs broken.

Totalitarianism: You have two cows. The government takes them both and denies they ever existed and drafts you into the army. Milk is banned.

Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.

Enron Venture Capitalism: You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred via an intermediary to a Cayman Island company secretly owned by the majority share-holder who sells the rights to all seven cows back to your listed company. The annual report says the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more.

Liadan  
#74 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2007 11:04:47 AM(UTC)
Liadan

A mathematician, an accountant and an economist apply for the same job. The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks "What do two plus two equal?" The mathematician replies "Four." The interviewer asks "Four, exactly?" The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says "Yes, four, exactly." Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The accountant says "On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four." Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question "What do two plus two equal?" The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down close to the interviewer and says "What would you like it to equal?"

Liadan  
#75 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:27:43 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Three market makers and three investors were going for a trip by train. Before the journey, the investors bought 3 tickets but the market makers only bought one.

The investors were glad that the stupid market makers were going to pay a fine. However, when the conductor was approaching their compartment, all three market makers went to the toilet.

The conductor, noticing that somebody was in the toilet, knocked on the door. In reply he saw a hand with one ticket. He checked it and the market makers saved 2/3 of the ticket price.

The next day, the investors decided to use the same strategy- they bought only one ticket. The market makers did not buy any tickets at all!

When the investors saw the conductor, they went straight for the toilet, and when they heard the knocking they handed in their one ticket. They did not get it back. The market makers took it and went to the other toilet!

Liadan  
#76 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:55:43 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Two stock brokers are walking in a forest. They suddenly get in front of a hungry wolf. Acting quickly, one of the stockbrokers takes his walking s[censored]s off and puts his high-tech running s[censored]s on. "What makes you think that you are going to out run this wolf by just using those s[censored]s?" asks the other stockbroker. "I am not going to out run the wolf ... But certainly I am going to out run you!"

MS Leopard  
#77 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 10:40:52 AM(UTC)
MS Leopard

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Why Are The Prices Rising ???
`Cause There Are More Buyers Than Sellers !!!

And Why Are The Prices Falling ???
`Cause There Are More Sellers Than Buyers !!!

Stay Cool
MS Leopard
Liadan  
#78 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2007 5:25:12 PM(UTC)
Liadan

Aspiring investor to investment counselor: "I'm drawing 10% interest on money in my savings account."

Investment Counselor: "Hmmm, that's interesting! The best I've seen is 5% on savings accounts."

Aspiring Investor: "I beat the system... I put half my cash in one bank at 5% and half in another bank at another 5%!"

Liadan  
#79 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2007 12:29:22 PM(UTC)
Liadan

A young man asked an old rich man how he made his money. The old guy fingered his worsted wool vest and said, "Well, son, it was 1932. The depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last nickel! I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold the apple for ten cents. The next morning, I invested those ten cents in two apples. I spent the entire day polishing them and sold them at 5:00 pm for 20 cents. I continued this system for a month, by the end of which I'd accumulated a fortune of $1.37." "And that's how you built an empire?" the boy asked. "Heavens, no!" the man replied. "Then my wife"s father died and left us two million dollars."

Liadan  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:05:25 AM(UTC)
Liadan

Two old friends met one day after many years. One attended college, and now was very successful. The other had not attended college and never had much ambition.

The successful one said, "How has everything been going with you?"

"Well, one day I opened the Bible at random, and dropped my finger on a word and it was oil. So, I invested in oil, and boy, did the oil wells gush. Then another day I dropped my finger on another word and it was gold. So, I invested in gold and those mines really produced. Now, I'm as rich as Rockefeller."

The successful friend was so impressed that he rushed to his hotel, grabbed a Gideon Bible, flipped it open, and dropped his finger on a page. He opened his eyes and his finger rested on the words, "Chapter Eleven."