logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vaughn  
#41 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2006 9:03:38 AM(UTC)
vaughn

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Oops, that came out wrong. I meant that the loss of ability to filter 3 out of 12 columns is not that big of deal, to me at least since I am still learning. The additional columns was the main reason I upgraded. The fact that something like that made it through internal testing, Beta & RC testing is definitely a problem.

I checked their updates and patchs page - the only thing there was for metastock 8.

vm
jjstein  
#42 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2006 9:18:06 AM(UTC)
jjstein

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

VM -- Where is that page? I'd like to see if the Channels bug(s) have been fixed in 10.

hayseed  
#43 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2006 12:42:26 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey vaughn.... i understood and agree.... they might have beta testers, they once did.... i beta tested quotecenter for quite some time before official its release....

of course their business is their buisness, but it would seem wise to have beta testers... and those testers should be intense meta users , all day every day, with real money on the line....

similar to ford and gm benefiting from nascar drivers..... if something is gonna break, that guy driving 200 mph will see it first......h

uasish  
#44 Posted : Monday, November 6, 2006 10:05:27 AM(UTC)
uasish

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi,

It is better to wait then.

Asish

NetWorthless  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2007 10:57:32 PM(UTC)
NetWorthless

hayseed wrote:

i'll reinstall v10 to make sure the problem is not on my end..... can't seem to find any documention reguarding the inability to use a filter for column k and/or column l, but it appears to void the exploration when used with other columns being filtered also..... all securities are rejected....

however, when only colk or coll is filtered, meta shuts down..... can somebody verify they can filter column k and/or coll with no problems..... either the v10 pro or eod versions..... you don't have to fill all columns, you can just put rsi(14) in k and put colk in the filter section ....

Happy New Year hayseed!

Was wondering about the status of the version 10.0 column k/l filter problem with Equis. Do you think they will address this in the new year or will we have to wait for v11? JMHO, but I think this problem warrants a software patch.

hayseed  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2007 6:14:41 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey net...... happy new years..... nope, haven't heard anything..... pyradius had written it up for us and likely issuses, such as this, that shut down meta will be on the front burner of r & d's agenda.....

meta has taken a back seat with me, lately been spendin most of my time in the forex market ..... a slightly faster way to loose money but the autotrading ea aspect of it is none the less appealing.....h

Justin  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2007 7:59:33 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi all,

I did write this up as a bug. I am hoping this should be resolved in 10.1 but at this time I cannot say for certain what will be in this release or the release date. Crash issues are definitely a top priority when it comes to what will be fixed in a maintenance update.

As a side note, unless you are trying to reject securities by referencing 11-12 columns in the Filter tab, you should not experience this issue. You can still use column K and column L for reporting values in the Report.

NetWorthless  
#48 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 10:59:36 PM(UTC)
NetWorthless

hayseed wrote:
meta has taken a back seat with me, lately been spendin most of my time in the forex market ..... a slightly faster way to loose money but the autotrading ea aspect of it is none the less appealing.....h

I prefer to lose my money the old fashioned way. Call me a dinosaur. [;)]

NetWorthless  
#49 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2007 11:18:33 PM(UTC)
NetWorthless

Pyradius wrote:

I did write this up as a bug. I am hoping this should be resolved in 10.1 but at this time I cannot say for certain what will be in this release or the release date. Crash issues are definitely a top priority when it comes to what will be fixed in a maintenance update.

As a side note, unless you are trying to reject securities by referencing 11-12 columns in the Filter tab, you should not experience this issue. You can still use column K and column L for reporting values in the Report.

Pyradius (and hayseed) -

Thanks for the update on the filter problem.

As I have said before, the extension of the filter fields is one of the few improvements added to MS in V10.0. We shouldn't have to rely on a work-around (i.e. not referencing certain columns) just to assure that the system does not crash. I do hope that they fix this sooner rather than later.

hayseed  
#50 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:51:21 PM(UTC)
hayseed

they say patience is a virtue ....... for all of us patiently awaiting v10 for esignal , our day in the sun has come.... appears mine is in the mail.....

thank you equis guys and gals......h

hayseed  
#51 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2007 4:58:16 PM(UTC)
hayseed

lately been so tied up with forex and metatrader that just now got around to installing v10 for esignal.....

it works beautifully with only one courious feature noted so far.... most will know this but some might not, when installing meta will create a folder "metastock data" .... unless you have previously renamed your old existing "metastock data" folder it likely will be overwritten...... which of course disposes of your smartcharts and favorites along with years of downloaded data in possibly user created specialty folders.....

the best solution is to just first temporarily rename the original data folder ..... then install v10 as norm.... later delete the installations newly created metastock data folder .... then change your renamed original back to "metastock data"..... everything should work perfect.....

as a rule my preference is to save the folders and smart charts but delete all the data.... then redownload all new data.... obviously higher dsl speeds helps...... ie, we're talkin considerable time at slower dialup ...... for some reason i've always felt the new data might be more accurate ....

for those thinkin on downloadin large amounts from scratch be sure to allow 3 extra seconds per security for v10's "parsing" step, or roughly 1 hour per 1200 securitys if 10 years of data was downloaded .... the time required by that step is proportional to the amount of data in the securites download..... so parsing 10 years of "xom" at a whack takes awhile but the usual nitely download should run much faster.....

and speakin of xom and running, makes me wonder if the markets are runnin on gas, fumes or enertia......h

hayseed  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:36:31 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey, looks like pyradius has some pull around the equis tech dept..... the explorers column k and l problem was fixed in v10.1 just like he mentioned.... maybe we should send our wish list items straight to him..... [;)].... just kidding....

those 2 additional full use columns represent 20% increase and every % helps..... thanks pyradius, and tech dept also of course....... h

hayseed  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:33:08 PM(UTC)
hayseed

just installed v10, esignal version, on vista.... seemed to install much faster than on xp.... not sure what that's all about.... everything works fine and actually looks quite better..... this is the second computer that has been registered on that cd, same license and setup key..... internet registration went straight thru without any hesitation.........

the only item that should be noted is with esignal itself..... you might need to download the latest version, 8.0, as it's the one being aligned for vista compatability..... and thanks to alex for that link.....

it's highly unlikely there will be any vista issues, but if any are found will post them here......

the chip in this one is the amd athlon 64 x2 dual core..... intel is supposed to be considering lowering the prices on their duel cores to make room for the next version..... if so, dell likely will have some worthwhile deals this summer..... might be interesting to line all 3 up for side by side processing speed comparrisons.....

if processing speeds keeps improving one day the dreaded 'prev' function will be nothing more than a faded memory....h

hayseed  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:52:30 PM(UTC)
hayseed

well that's 5 days running metastock on vista with no problems of any sort to report....

one thing that has me puzzled is , i don't remember putting in my reuters datalink user id and password.... i'm almost positive i didn't...... now this is a new computer with v10 being the first program installed, so there is no way the vendor options could have rolled in from a prior version.....

possibly during activation/registration of the software its loaded by equis..... ????.... that would be convienent cause remembering user id's and passwords has long been a problem area for me.....

speakin of problem areas, srturgn mentioned the other day about programing colors to indicators..... in a very clinical sense it can be done, but in a very realistic sense there is no way the ends would justify the means..... so until equis adds the color selection for us, a poor boy method does exist..... under tools and default colors, just check autorotate.... the colors will vary with each addtional indicator..... of course it'll still be the wrong colors but at least it'll be differing wrong colors.....h

hayseed  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:14:18 AM(UTC)
hayseed

dang aren't there some deals out there today....... not only in the markets but also the marketplace.... dell just "made-me-an-offer-i-couldn't-refuse"......

when i went to move meta to the new laptop, the text doc containing the license number in the equis folder is no longer there..... hmmmm..... that text doc, which was in the very first version 10, has obviously been removed in the latter versions.... and what are the odds of some hayseed remembering/finding that number....

0 of course, but no biggie.... in 3 steps taking less than a minute, you can manually move the license without knowing the number.... you'll need a usb or similar device and just use the license manager in meta itself.....

//---------

mentioned awhile back about the priceless broad market indicators ..... we are now in the midst of their peak value..... they can help us avoid the to-good-to-be-true offers.......

can't see any harm in making out a christmas wish list..... and it might be wise to do it in advance with strong emphasis on fundamentals..... pe, cash/share, price/book, dividend and so on.....

it's all to easy for a stock/etf to sink 50%, several times....... and even excellent fundamentals are not a vaccine to market ills...... but combining good fundamentals with broad market timing can help metastock get us back on the right track..... choo choo.....h

uasish  
#56 Posted : Friday, October 16, 2009 11:57:05 PM(UTC)
uasish

MS 10 on dual core and above machines in live Mkt while running explorations for Buy/Sell signals just shuts down,disgusted and uninstalled .Now using 9 Pro running excellent with Live Mkt explorations.Daytrading since 8 yrs with MS inspite of Trade Station / Ninjs / Neo Ticker etc but with MS 10 thought maybe some improvement but disappointed.