logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Keltner  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:08:06 PM(UTC)
Keltner

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Henry, I have been using this exploration CLOSE>FmlVar("AMT: Major Trend Line","UP") AND CLOSE<FmlVar("AMT: Major Trend Line","UP") +ATR(14) and Then Rescanning the results by using the compressing formula below. Oh I also attached the Major trend line formula. The compressing formula is run on a five min chart and you need a value of 5 or greater. I picked off var and Nyx in the last week JCI, wso, tgi and ZNT came up off this scan for tomorrow. For a trigger I am using a five min pivot take out ..... Almost all of them have asc trg intra day Anyway it rocks thanks for the Major trend line up scan Compressing support hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-1 ,0 , 1); hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-1 ,1 , 1); hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-1 ,2 , 1); 1hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2 ,0 , 1); 1hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2 , 1, 1); 1hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2 ,2 , 1); 2hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-3 ,0 , 1); 2hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-3 , 1, 1); 3hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 ,2 , 1); 3hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 ,0 , 1); 3hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 , 1, 1); 2hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 ,2 , 1); x:=If(hp<hp1 AND hp1<hp2 AND (hp1-hp)<hp2-hp1,1,0); x2:=If(1hp<1hp1 AND 1hp1<1hp2 AND (1hp1-1hp)<1hp2-1hp1,2,0); x3:=If(2hp<2hp1 AND 2hp1<2hp2 AND (2hp1-2hp)<2hp2-2hp1,3,0); x4:=If(3hp<3hp1 AND 3hp1<3hp2 AND (3hp1-3hp)<3hp2-3hp1,4,0); x+x2+x3+x4 Major trend line Formula PPivot:=3; TPivot:=-3; FTrough := LastValue( ExtFml("Powerpivots.NthPivotPrice",Tpivot,0,1)); STrough := LastValue( ExtFml("Powerpivots.NthPivotPrice",Tpivot,1,1)); DeltaVerticalU := FTrough - STrough; DeltaHorizontalU := LastValue(ExtFml("Powerpivots.BarsSinceNthPivot",Tpivot,1)) - LastValue(ExtFml("Powerpivots.BarsSinceNthPivot",Tpivot,0)); DeltaPerBarU := DeltaVerticalU / DeltaHorizontalU; BarNoSecondTrough := LastValue( Cum(1) - ExtFml("Powerpivots.BarsSinceNthPivot",Tpivot,1)); TrendD := If(Cum(1) < BarNoSecondTrough, BarsSince(Cum(1) >= BarNoSecondTrough), STrough + (DeltaPerBarU * (Cum(1) - BarNoSecondTrough))); Up:=If(FTrough >= STrough, TrendD, BarsSince(FTrough >= STrough)); FPeak := LastValue( ExtFml("Powerpivots.NthPivotPrice",Ppivot,0,1)); SPeak := LastValue( ExtFml("Powerpivots.NthPivotPrice",Ppivot,1,1)); DeltaVerticalD := FPeak - SPeak; DeltaHorizontalD := LastValue(ExtFml("Powerpivots.BarsSinceNthPivot",Ppivot,1)) - LastValue(ExtFml("Powerpivots.BarsSinceNthPivot",Ppivot,0)); DeltaPerBarD := DeltaVerticalD / DeltaHorizontalD; BarNoSecondPeak := LastValue( Cum(1) - ExtFml("Powerpivots.BarsSinceNthPivot",Ppivot,1)); TrendU := If(Cum(1) < BarNoSecondPeak, BarsSince(Cum(1) >= BarNoSecondPeak), SPeak + (DeltaPerBarD * (Cum(1) - BarNoSecondPeak))); Dn:=If(FPeak <= SPeak, TrendU, BarsSince(FPeak <= SPeak)); Up;Dn;
Keltner  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:16:44 AM(UTC)
Keltner

[edited by wabbit - financial advice/ramping]
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:35:10 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Keltner, The Forum is a peer to peer support mechanism for the user of the Equis range of products. It is a place to share ideas and exchange information about the products themselves and their usage. If users want to survey the results of the system you provided in the first post they may do so at their leisure. You providing information on specific stocks may be misconstrued as FINANCIAL ADVICE and is prohibited. Expressing the movements or particular stocks and markets is spamming/ramping and is prohibited. wabbit :D
Keltner  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:14:53 AM(UTC)
Keltner

I am working on system that uses a trend line scan combined with a macd / pivot derivative. Henrey provided me with a very good trend line system. But what I am promoting is using a Indicator that is working well for me and I was hoping to site examples of a concept I have been working on. I could care less what some one buys. Plus if I wanted a to spam stock picks I would go directly to metastock and plead my case and have a stock pick section opened on the site. Which is a waste of my time Plus why would I post the code that created the examples if I was a spammer. Look the point being. Look I am more interested in opening a dialogue about MACD diverges and how they are caused by slowing pivots.
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:35:07 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Keltner, We are happy with your intentions... but you should find a different way of expressing the information in a manner that cannot be misinterpreted as something it isn't. Imagine someone looked at your (now removed) post and misconstrued the information as advice, invested their money based on this and lost their shirt based on the (mis)(non)information posted here. Everyone would be in trouble with the Federal regulators. Please, generate discussions and point out interesting facts about the movements of indicators in stocks (generally), you are allowed to cite examples, but be careful not to offer what could be interpreted by some foolhardy or easily led person, as financial advice. The laws in your country and mine are very explicit as to what constitutes as advice, there is very little margin for error. (We recently had a Royal Commission into the entire financial advice industry and since then the rules are even more strict here!) It is not the intention to censor your posts, but to uphold the ideals and rules of the Forum for the benefit of all the members. wabbit :D
Keltner  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:43:07 AM(UTC)
Keltner

Look Rabbit take this code and place the formula organizer then look at the intra day five min charts on the stocks I quoted. They will all have narrowing support levels. Now look to buy said stocks not because of this indicator but because we took out intra resistance if you under stand the indicator below you will see it is better way to look for slowing momentum to the down side. To postulate this some one needs to list stocks and test them forward. So why can’t I list them. They all have slowing pivots Would this work for you. Below is an example of some instruments that have narrowing support levels, these are not “spamming/ramping” attempts attached below is a list of stocks that are good examples of slowing pivots or narrowing support levels. Rhat ,Bp, STJ CWTR NNDS , SSRI, SAY and MGPI I would postulate that this formula is better than a MACD and that the narrowing levels of support are what cases MACD divergences ******** If you look at these stocks this indicator is not a good trigger it is a trade id tool….) a good trigger is a pivot take out Compressing support hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-1 ,0 , 1); hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-1 ,1 , 1); hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-1 ,2 , 1); 1hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2 ,0 , 1); 1hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2 , 1, 1); 1hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-2 ,2 , 1); 2hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-3 ,0 , 1); 2hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-3 , 1, 1); 3hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 ,2 , 1); 3hp:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 ,0 , 1); 3hp1:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 , 1, 1); 2hp2:= ExtFml( "PowerPivots.NthPivotPrice",-4 ,2 , 1); x:=If(hp<hp1 AND hp1<hp2 AND (hp1-hp)<hp2-hp1,1,0); x2:=If(1hp<1hp1 AND 1hp1<1hp2 AND (1hp1-1hp)<1hp2-1hp1,2,0); x3:=If(2hp<2hp1 AND 2hp1<2hp2 AND (2hp1-2hp)<2hp2-2hp1,3,0); x4:=If(3hp<3hp1 AND 3hp1<3hp2 AND (3hp1-3hp)<3hp2-3hp1,4,0); x+x2+x3+x4
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:33:51 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Whoa boys! I never saw the original post, but let's be open to broad discussions. If need be, we can add a specific disclaimer to the end of the post. The forum user's agreement already spells it out though: Everyone is responsible for their own actions when it comes to using information found on the forum. K- I appreciate your increased level of participation and hope that you will continue to contribute freely. As far as stock picks go, we tried that briefly a long time ago. It never really took off. The reasons are numerous, but in the end, what looks good to me might not look all that great to you... If we have enough interest, I'd be willing to start that sorta area back up. Let me know.