logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alberto.tortella  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 11:27:20 AM(UTC)
alberto.tortella

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have a layout in my Metastock. When I put a trend line (or Fibonacci retracements) in a graph, I need that these indicators will be automatic replicated in the other graphs that are part of the layout. Is it possible? =D> Tks! Alberto
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey alberto.... can't see a way for that to be possible..... the way trendlines are calculated almost assures it can't be done.....h
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:31:06 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
R U saying the EXACT graph or you just want to put a trend line in every graph? If you just want to duplicate the setup, select WINDOW | NEW WINDOW. If you want to duplicate the graph, you might check on PowerPivot's FibLadder. I don't know for sure. Henry1224 would be the authority on this. If so, you could write a custom indicator and apply it to the layout as desired.
alberto.tortella  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 6:59:06 AM(UTC)
alberto.tortella

I try to explain better: in my layout i have 4 graphs. When a trace a trend line in one of these graphs, it would be great if the trend line would be traced in the others 3 graphs automatically! :) Is it possible? #-o Tks Alberto
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 9:13:10 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
If you're looking for the fibonacci graph in particular, I don't know if it can be done. Perhaps you can check with Henry1224 (see above). If you are just wanting trendlines such as Jose Silva's adjustable trendlines (avail: http://www.metastocktool.../MetaStock/TrendLine.txt)- there are several other examples available too- then you can do what you are asking. In fact, it will work with most of the indicators as far as I know. 1. Load chart #1 (I chose a daily periodicity) 2. Apply trend indicator 3. Select WINDOW | NEW WINDOW 4. Change periodicity on new chart (I chose a monthly periodicity) 5. Select FILE | NEW | LAYOUT | ADD ALL Now, if you change the securities using the NEXT SECURITY icon in the lower right corner of the chart frame, the next security will contain the same indicator. If this is not what you're talking about then I'm stuck along side you. p.s., the theory is the same with more graphs in your layout. Add the indicator first, then create the layout, and finally change the securities.