logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dilmun99  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2006 11:07:18 PM(UTC)
dilmun99

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Just catching up with the Forum DLL - yes, I'm slow. I had a questions regarding a statement in the Forum DLL Manual. In particular, the code for Exit Long (similar for exit short) which is given as B=0 AND Ref(B,-1)=1. This doesn't seem to work where a long exit is the same signal as a short entry, as B goes directly from +1 to -1. i changed the code to B<1 AND Ref(B,-1)=1 and then it worked. Simlar in reverse for Short Exit. Sorry if this is a well-known issue - I didn't find anything on it in a quick scan and I'm months behind on Roy's newsletter... Andrew
dilmun99  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 9:32:35 PM(UTC)
dilmun99

Moved to correct forum...
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 9:51:01 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is the right forum for this post ...
Quote:
This doesn't seem to work where a long exit is the same signal as a short entry, as B goes directly from +1 to -1.
If you are using an expert I would simply tell you to move both the entry signals above the exit signals so that in your expert the order is similar to : Enter Long Enter Short Exit Long Exit Short Then the use of B=0 AND Ref(B,-1)=1 should be just fine. Patrick :mrgreen:
dilmun99  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2006 10:06:50 PM(UTC)
dilmun99

Thanks Patrick. This use was in an indicator that I was using as the basis for an exploration. Using the original formula it was missing any entry where there was an exit on the same day. Andrew
wabbit  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:20:06 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Andrew, Are you using the 'original' forum latch from the downloads section, or the revised latch from http://forum.equis.com/viewtopic.php?t=3735 ? If the original, then it has some minor issues with how it handles different scenarios such as entry and exit on the same bar; if the you managed to grab the revised version during the time when I had it posted (I got next to no feedback, so I don't know if you have it) then its truth table is on the forum to show how it handles same day entry and exits. wabbit :D P.S. At some time, Patrick was going to issue a new consolidated Forum.dll as the latest revision. I don't know what happened to this project, but he has been busy with other things! When the new release comes out, I will update the documentation.