logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kanellop  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:01:50 PM(UTC)
kanellop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear Henry1224, I want to ask you the following: You have select a huge Amount of Formulas into the Sub-Sector, Formulae Collection. I quiet believe that everyone that use this Forum will be grateful to you. I want to please you to answer me to the following: Do you believe that you can assortment more the Formulas? I mean can you assortment in the way that, Formulaes which have Date expression inside it, to put them in a different Sub-Folder, inside the Sub-Sector Formulae Collection ? George K.
henry1224  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:52:36 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dear George K, What sub sector are you refering to? I describe the formula as an expert From this expert you can derive an indicator, a system, an exploration, and the expert itself! It's up to the end user as to how he wants to input it into metastock. I have taken steps to tell what Plug ins are required and which dll's are needed. Some of the indicators that I have provided use a specific date and are meant to be line studies, they cannot be developed into systems or explorations or experts Now if Patrick want's to breakdown the formula collection into subsections of indicators, systems, experts, and explorations that is up to him. They are having a hard time just sorting out the collection?
henry1224  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:05:37 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Dear George K, Just to let you know what I'm up to, I will try to implement different Add-ons into more systems. A hint for users! Create one expert, and then add all of the variations of that expert this way you can have more that 1000 experts Ie: basic expert Expert w trend Direction Expert w Pivots Expert w SAR Expert w ATS win Loss Trend Do this for the highlights and symbols once attached all you have to do is check off the features that you want to see, you will then be able to see the different aspects of using stops and trend Direction
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:31:58 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I think your approach to building the formula lilbrary sounds good, Henry. I tried sorting some of the formulas into similar categories before, but gave it a rest for now. Ultimately, the alphabetized list of the formula collection works wonders for me. Perhaps in the future we could consider subdividing them further into: indicators, experts, etc. My instinct is that it will be harder done than said. I've got another idea on the back burner too that may help with finding the formulas... but that's another project.
crwinnr5  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 7:02:37 PM(UTC)
crwinnr5

I would like to see the formulas sorted into those that require add ins and those that do not. It is so frustrating to go to a post to find that it requires something that most MetaStock users do not have and probably will not have. If it requires an add in it should be in a category by itself. Not to take anything away from Henry's postings though. I like your postings, just cannot use them. Charley
henry1224  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:19:14 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Charley, the Forum dll allows you to subsitute the powerPivot Syseval Function so some of the systems can be rewritten and used by basic users. Several new users who have purchased some of the Metastock add-on's, never attempt to explore them fully. They become complacent and soon lose interest in using them. The next step, they start bad mouthing the Add-on. It is this bit of mis-information that deters the advancement of the learning curve.
crwinnr5  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2005 11:42:57 PM(UTC)
crwinnr5

Thank you Henry, do not get me wrong, I do enjoy your posts and I do realize some can be used with other external formulas such as the Forum DLL. My problem is they are co-mingled with regular formulas. I just think it would be good to separate them. Keep up your good work. Charley
henry1224  
#8 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:00:10 AM(UTC)
henry1224

If the expert calls for Trend Direction or Pivots, you will need the PowerPivot plus Add-on. If the expert calls for ATS win Loss trend, you will need the Adaptive Trading Solutions Add-on. If the Expert calls for any Ext Function from KSR you can download it from the free External Functions Link in the forum If the expert calls for the forum Dll it can be downloaded from the forum
Patrick  
#9 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:07:30 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Charley, I agree we should organize the formulae a little better :D I will take care of it as soon as I find the best way to do it ;) Patrick :mrgreen:
Jose  
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 3:44:40 AM(UTC)
Jose

crwinnr5 wrote:
My problem is they are co-mingled with regular formulas.
My problem is the other way around. There is little incentive to post new formulae when they get lost in the 000's of formulae variations posted by Henry. I'm all for putting Henry's formulae into his own section. ;) jose '-)
minnamor  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:48:59 AM(UTC)
minnamor

As a contriution to the discussion, I would list only systems without Stops and provide the geeral structure of experts with stops under a separate heading leavng to the reader to construct his/her experts/systems for testing. For example, one could have the expert structure for Kase Dev Stop written in this format: Kase Dev Stop: {Kase Dev Stop formulae} Mult:=n; {0-3} AVTR:=Mov(HHV(H,2) - LLV(L,2),20, S); SD:=Stdev(HHV(H,2) - LLV(L,2),20); LE:= {Buy Condition} ; SE:= {Sell Condition} ; SX:= {Buy Condition} OR (LLV(L+AVTR+Mult*SD,20)<C); LX:= {Sell Condition} OR (HHV(H-AVTR-Mult*SD,20)>C); And the same for SAR Stop, Pivot Price Stop, ATR Trailing Stop, Safezone Stop, Advanced Stop, etc. Similar structures could be provided for Profit Stop if appropriate. This would considerably reduce the number of systems presented in full in the Forum (see the number of variations of the Bull Power Bear Power 1 System where separate explorations have been presented also for various values of the ATR and Standard Deviation multipliers) without taking away any information. In a similar fashion, a section devoted to Trend confirmation could be added. The TD confirmation would be written as follows: TD:= ExtFml("PowerPivots.TrendDirection",1,2) LE:= {Buy Condition} AND TD=1; SE:= {Sell Condition} AND TD=-1; SX:= {Exit Short Condition}; LX:= {Exit Long Condition}; Alternative MultiTimeFrame Trend confirmation formulae and/or Sector/Market confirmation formulae and structures could be constructed without cluttering the main Formulae Directory. Regards.
Marilyn  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:40:53 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

:) Well - looks like Patrick ( and you guys ) will have to have a think about the best way to organize so that you can get the things you want out of this collection. Personally - if I were searching for a specific formula (maybe a really obscure one) I would love to go to a place with hundreds and hundreds.. it would up my chances for success. But yes - perhaps we should catalog them.. or give them attributes that you can search or sort by... Go get em Patrick! :) M