logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yogpod  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 8:06:06 AM(UTC)
yogpod

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Dear Metastock community, I purchased the add-on Trendmedium ver 2.25 RT from www.trendmedium.com on august 15th. They are officially equis certified company for add-ons. Prior to purchase i chatted two/three times with Mr. Eugene Elabunsky who is the developer of this software. He offered me a discount of 25% on the full price of $499. This worked out to $374 and I readily went for the product since it had a 30 days refund guarantee too. But when i started using the product, I was getting dissatisfactory results and the software had a lot of technical bugs too. I decided to cancel my license and asked them for refund of $374. In return I got a mail from them stating that refund is not possible because i had bought the product at a discount ! If i had bought it at full price i would have got the discount. Please note that while offering discount, the company never told me that i will not be able to get refund if i go for discount. This is real cheating ! and that too by official equis certified company. I sent them several mails but they stopped responding. After a couple of days i managed to get hold of Mr. Eugene Elabunsky on hotmail chat and demanded my money. He said that he can do nothing about the issue. He said that he will offer me Trendmedium ver 3.0 free of cost whenever it is released. Thats the most he can do ! I am still in the 30day guarantee period. I appeal to all my dear Metastock users, developers to do or suggest something about this issue. We cannot take this for granted.. how can an official equis certified company do this to the metastock community. I am from India and $374 is not a small amount for me. I works out to Rs. 17000 . I expect earliest help from the metastock community... thanks in advance
Marilyn  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 1:27:48 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hi Yogpod - Not sure what I can do but let me check... Marilyn
investorretired  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 1:56:22 PM(UTC)
investorretired

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Marilyn (AK - CupCake) Maybe you can inform him (Trendmedium) of all the free advertisement he is getting on the MetaStock forum.
dieselpr  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 2:45:42 PM(UTC)
dieselpr

Sorry to hear about your issue yogpod I've found the same kinds of results with the metastock plug-in also. I was unhappy with alot of them at least 9 out of 10 of them didn't meet my taste. I normally go thru metastock and use there 30 day refund I've never had a problem that way. There are some non-official equis certified company that do a great credit to metastock but metastock hasn't approached them as yet to make them official. Its sad to hear about company specailly an official equis certified company doing thing like that it hurts everyone in some way shape or form. I hope you get your refund thats just not fair at all. Bottom line- The best plug-in for metastock is there user manual and the formula trainging manual.
Alexander_Trendmedium  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:36:12 PM(UTC)
Alexander_Trendmedium

I'm from TrendMedium Team support. Step-by-step explanation. 1. We have created custom solution for his data-provider. 2. After 2 week of trial usage we said he was satisfied from the product but he asked us for a discount because he can't afford to buy the full version. We kindly provided the discount for him. 3. The customer was very satisfied for 10 days after the puchase date. 4. Before and _after_ his refund he looked for optimal parameters for his tickers. And on the refund date, before my answer with explanation about refund he asked Eugene for custom models for him. 5. Lately after the refund request he asked Eugene about the date of additional features release. We always do a refund in normal situations. But if the customer after custom programming and discount asking us for the refund and staying interesting in new features, it looks very strange.
Patrick  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:52:52 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Alexander for taking the time to answer this ... [quote=did they provide you with some custom programming/work"? If yes then I do understand why they would not refund you the plug in ... Patrick :mrgreen:
Marilyn  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2005 4:59:45 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hi Alexander - I am glad that we have cleared things up. Please take this discussion off line now. It would probably be a little more appropriate. Glad we could put you two in touch with each other! Thanks for your quick response! :) M
StorkBite  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 6:42:52 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
yogpod wrote:
Dear Metastock Community, Please refer my earlier thread topic 'cheated by www.trendmedium.com.' I already mentioned in my previous message that I had chatted with Mr. Eugene Elabunsky prior to purchasing software. But please note that I had not asked for discount and i never said that i cannot afford the full amount..., Mr. Eugene offered the discount from his side... and i readily took it because he was offering a big 25% discount. My friends please think over it. Can a professional company be so generous that it offers 25% discount if i say i cannot afford their product ? Secondly, the company has not provided any custom solutions to me as they claim it. After purchasing the software, i had several chats with Mr. Eugene regarding the technicalities of the software. When I pointed out that the software is not upto the mark, he offered me custom solutions at $30 per hour ! and he claimed that it was his speciality. I flatly denied his proposal. I conveyed to them in straight forward words that i am not satisfied by their product and want my refund. In return I got the following mail : "I'm sorry but we provide refunds for only full-price products. It's so because the refund insurance fee is included to the full price. We have sold the product with discount so we can't provide a refund." Dear friends the company is just trying to fool the metastock community by giving false arguments. Please note that I am still in the trial period till september 15th. The refund policy of the company is unconditional, so the company should not bother why I am asking for refund. I am not satisfied with thier product and i want my money back.. thats it ! thanks and expecting suggestions on how to deal with this act of fraud.
Marilyn  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2005 3:28:46 PM(UTC)
Marilyn

Yogpod - We are hearing you loud and clear. I was talking to our support manager this morning and have seen your emails and posts here. Please understand that we would love to help you. Unfortunately any relationship that we had with Trend Medium is no longer in place. We don't sell their product. Any "official MetaStock add-on" we sell on our site and it is covered under our 30 day money back guarantee. There are lots of people out there who develop for MetaStock. We can't control what they do and how they do it. We have asked them to remove the MetaStock logo from their site - unfortuntately a lot of people do that too. I was hoping that by contacting the Trend Medium people on your behalf that you two would work it out. My advice to everyone? Please ask your peers before buying a product you are unsure of. We are all here to help and you can count on honest feedback here. M
yogpod  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 10, 2005 5:54:02 AM(UTC)
yogpod

Thanks all of you who have read and replied to this thread.. I have learnt from the Equis company that they no longer have Trendmedium in their official add-on list. Yes, its my mistake i did not confirm with Equis prior to buying this product. But I am glad that by highlighting such a crap product and malpractise by the trendmedium company, this thread will save precious time and money for the hundreds of metastock users who are a part of this forum. I end all my discussions here... thanks once again
henry1224  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:46:48 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dear Yogpod, Trend Medium will not be the last bit of software that you will purchase. The reason is that YOU ARE GREEDY, just like the rest of us! You want to squeaze out every last dime from every trade. Your Fear of a losing trade consumes you into trying out new SOFTWARE, thinking that there is a better way to get MORE PROFITS. Think of Trend Medium as a losing Trade and move on! Learn from your mistakes and you will be better off in the long run.
StorkBite  
#12 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:47:23 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Henry1224 wrote:
Think of [[censored] software] as a losing trade and move on! Learn from your mistakes and you will be better off in the long run.
Profound and mature... thanks Henry... that advice is a keeper in my book!
adheerp  
#13 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2005 11:18:39 PM(UTC)
adheerp

Just a general question ..... When you say a product is not upto its mark and produces losing trades ... Can you not take opposite positions to the what the add-on suggests and have a better success rate ?
henry1224  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:33:36 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Does it just affect one or two assets or does it react that way thru the whole sector? Are the winners > losers? Winning trade profit> Losing trade loss? Winning trade Profit/ total trades>losing Trade Loss/ total trades?
damo  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 12:36:02 PM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
i don't mean to bump this post and it is certainly not my intention, however i am a user of trend-medium as well as other plugins/add-ons and feel this post is a little unfair. out of all the plugins and addons i use, trend-medium is certainly one of the better and definatley a bargain when scooped up at its discounted prices (when on special). in the past i have also had cause to communicate with eugene on several occassions (mostly licensing issues) and i alsways have recieved a prompt and helpful reply. i have found trend-medium to be a very good trend following indicator that is stable without any problems (at least yet!). i think some people have to realise that not every indicator/system/add-on is NOT the holy grail and there NEVER will be, hence forth it should not be expected. if this is what you are looking for then GET OUT OF TRADING! further, if you want to know of a "crap" metastock indicator, just ask me and i'll tell, but trend-medium is not on that list. damo
Jose  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2006 4:01:56 PM(UTC)
Jose

damo wrote:
... if you want to know of a "crap" metastock indicator, just ask me and i'll tell...
I'm interested. jose '-