logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
garp  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:09:15 AM(UTC)
garp

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Ciao, I recently ungraded from TC-Net to MS. I'd like to get up 'n' running as quick as possible and am looking a the smorgasbord of plugins, addins and stuff. Some guy ar Equis recomended ProfitTrader. Anyone have any experience with this product? Also, how about Trading Room? I've read Elder's book and found it great. Regards, Garp
Jose  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:56:30 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
garp wrote:
Also, how about Trading Room? I've read Elder's book and found it great.
Garp, take a look at a quote from Dr Elder's great book, "Come Into My Trading Room", p.183: "... Divergences, so visible to the naked eye, are notoriously hard to program. The best programmer I know tells me he's done it - it is the pinnacle of his success - using the most expensive software." Dr Elder is not referring to either myself or MetaStock, but I would say that the MACDH Divergence kit is also one of my most satisfying MS coding triumphs. :) jose '-)
garp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 6:14:38 PM(UTC)
garp

Jose, So your stuff outperforms ProfitTrader. I looked at your web site but did not find any metrics. How does it do against Trade Oracle? Both of these products have been reviewed in TASC, with Trade Oracle coming out marginally superior. G
Jose  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 6:52:46 PM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Garp, unless you are talking about similar products, they cannot be directly compared to the MACDH Divergence kit. The MACDH kit is not a trading system by itself, nor should it be. Anyone gullible enough to purchase any ready-made trading system, with the expectation to make $ from it without any personal input, should be seriously looking for an alternative income away from the markets. jose '-)
garp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 5:28:46 PM(UTC)
garp

Stating the obvious, Jose, Me thinks indicators, and this includes trading systems, are guides to be used with discression. You can put a plane on autopilot and it'll serve you in good stead. However, it cannot anticipate every situation - and that's where human bean intervention is needed. So, if someone is shoppping for a tool, it good to know how it performs. How does it stack up against the other "Otto Pilots" out there. One way to check this is to turn it loose and gather metrics, which give you a measuring scale. G
damo  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 5:28:12 AM(UTC)
damo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello garp, I recently purchased both products mentioned here. My honest opinon is that the MADH kit is the way to go. The reasons for this are: I puchased profit trader nearly one month ago, they still havn't supplied with with activation serial to turn it from a trial into a real working verion. Even after numerious unanswered emails (hold on, to system generated responses count???). I wonder what will happen if I have to re-install Metastock, Profit Trader or my H.D. chrashes? ( I seem to be getting one of those per year). I fininally recieved an email saying that I should receive the activation code after 45 days......not much good when the system becomes inactive after 30days! Profit trader is virtually black box. Is that good? Well it if you like to switch you brain off it is! I am also getting the occasional floating point errors when I run the templates, should I bother support??? Re the MADH kit. You still have to know about techinical anylisis as such as it is not a black box program. If you have any problems Jose is always there to fix them with his prompt replies. The results posted on his site speak for themselves and MOST impirtantly support is always there. Regarding the Trade Oracle kit. One I would like to try but havn't... Maybe you'll have to experiment and post your results.
garp  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2005 7:01:51 PM(UTC)
garp

Thanks Damo, Scratch ProfitTrader. I dropped an email to those guy(s) about two weeks ago asking for clarification on a couple of points in their literature. I haven't gotten anything back yet. So it bears out what you've experienced. I'd like to get some opinions about Oracle Trader. Also, Jose's stuff looks good. Both look like good packages. I'll pick up one of them the next credit card billing cycle. G