logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dessertkongen  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2005 10:18:22 PM(UTC)
dessertkongen

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello Metastock users I am thinking about buying the Walter Bressert Profittrader add-on and just wondering if anybody has experience or comments about this add-on?.
damo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:23:58 PM(UTC)
damo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi guys, I'll have to second this request. I was about to post but I was beaten to the punch! The web site claims pretty good results, but most authors claim good results for their products! :eek: If anyone has had any experience with it your opions would be appreciated. Thaks damo
garp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:14:34 PM(UTC)
garp

I'm looking at ProfitTrader also. The guy at Equis says it's one of the most popular addins they have. S&C reviewed it but I found the article non-commital. I'd like so see some metrics before I pop $$ for the package. garp PS: article attached
richieds  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 29, 2006 12:09:37 AM(UTC)
richieds

I've owned Profittrader for a few years now. The program seems to be an afterthought for Metastock. It has potential and I've found some of it's "moving averages" and oscillators to be useful. However, the "timing bands" are nothing more than standard 10 and 20 day counts from cycle lows and it simply appears that Bressert was unable to figure out a good way to put dynamic timing bands into this software. I still keep thinking I'm missing something there and hoped to find an answer in this forum. No luck so far. Also, Bressert's website has very little in the way of support for this product and I haven't seen any signs of updates (other than one or 2 minor bug fixes) in the time I've owned it.

As unfinished as the product is, it is still the most useful of the plug-ins I have bought so far which includes the Chart Pattern recognition program.

mwmark4  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:44:00 AM(UTC)
mwmark4

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I use WB Profittrader intra day for forex trading, in conjunction with a number of other indicators - not used in the plugin, to get the best effect. I would recomend it! I have bought a number of other plugins, but Profit trader remains the best one I have used to date. Its reliable (not perfect) and the signals dont dissapear like PP+ and FXTA.