logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flavio_meta  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2023 12:22:00 PM(UTC)
flavio_meta

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello, I need to ‘freeze’ a higher low LLV1 (see screen shot attached) for example 40 periods ago and then compare it to a lower low LLV3 today. What happens is that LLV1 moves down to LLV3 and they are equal at point (3) so I cannot calculate the difference. Any idea how to ‘freeze’ LLV1?

Edited by user Friday, October 27, 2023 12:28:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2023 3:01:57 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: flavio_meta Go to Quoted Post

Hello, I need to ‘freeze’ a higher low LLV1 (see screen shot attached) for example 40 periods ago and then compare it to a lower low LLV3 today. What happens is that LLV1 moves down to LLV3 and they are equal at point (3) so I cannot calculate the difference. Any idea how to ‘freeze’ LLV1?

Generally speaking the indicators will change as new data comes in. There are ways you can combine functions to identify more specific data points, such as ValueWhen and REF, but it would probably be helpful to see the formula you are attempting to use to make your comparison in order to give a suggestion that would make the most sense for your situation.

flavio_meta  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2023 5:28:47 PM(UTC)
flavio_meta

The formula is pretty simple VVL(...,40), and '...' could be anything e.g. CLOSE. I have uploaded a chart for better illustration. The chart is attached but when I'll post it, it disappears. Where can I email that chart to?

With 'Ref' one data point is possible only. Right? With 'ValueWhen' one data point in the past is possible only. Right? >>> What I need though is a range from e.g. -40 periods in the past with VVL and keeps going until today, even if there is a lower low.

Thanks for your answer.

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2023 3:21:36 PM(UTC)
MS Support

The formula is pretty simple VVL(...,40), and '...' could be anything e.g. CLOSE. I have uploaded a chart for better illustration. The chart is attached but when I'll post it, it disappears. Where can I email that chart to?

With 'Ref' one data point is possible only. Right? With 'ValueWhen' one data point in the past is possible only. Right? >>> What I need though is a range from e.g. -40 periods in the past with VVL and keeps going until today, even if there is a lower low.

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you, I have a better idea of what you are asking. Unfortunately the point to 'freeze' is somewhat arbitrary without some other qualifying criteria, i.e. the lowest low since a specific date. So the relevant question would be, "How do I decide (via a formula) which lowest low to keep and which to ignore?"

You can use ValueWhen to look for a Lowest Low from a specific date using the DayOfMonth, Month, and Year functions but that obviously makes that part of the formula very specific and it would not work for other dates. For example:

Code:
ValueWhen(1,Month()=6 AND DayOfMonth()=15,LLV(L,40))

flavio_meta  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2023 6:30:47 PM(UTC)
flavio_meta

Thanks a lot for your answer. :-)   It is a nice workaround, and it does the job, by moving the original function into the future.

'ValueWhen' is not just for a specific day and rigid, but can also be used on a rolling basis, if used in this way: ValueWhen(20 , Month() , LLV(L,40));

20 in this example shifts the function 19 periods into the future.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 31, 2023 6:31:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kkrishna79  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2024 3:02:55 AM(UTC)
kkrishna79

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Thanks a lot for your answer. :-)   It is a nice workaround, and it does the job, by moving the original function into the future.

'ValueWhen' is not just for a specific day and rigid, but can also be used on a rolling basis, if used in this way: ValueWhen(20 , Month() , LLV(L,40));

20 in this example shifts the function 19 periods into the future.

Sir,

How can i get the

highest high of  monday, tuesday & wednesday (of all weeek)

lowest low of monday, tuesday & wednesday (of all week)

Please help

Thank you

Krisna

kkrishna79  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2024 3:04:16 AM(UTC)
kkrishna79

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you, I have a better idea of what you are asking. Unfortunately the point to 'freeze' is somewhat arbitrary without some other qualifying criteria, i.e. the lowest low since a specific date. So the relevant question would be, "How do I decide (via a formula) which lowest low to keep and which to ignore?"

You can use ValueWhen to look for a Lowest Low from a specific date using the DayOfMonth, Month, and Year functions but that obviously makes that part of the formula very specific and it would not work for other dates. For example:

Code:

Sir,

How can i get the

Please help

Thank you

Krisna

MS Support  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2024 4:01:15 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: kkrishna79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your answer.

Code:

Sir,

How can i get the

Please help

Thank you

Krisna

Hello,

Are you looking to identify the Highest value of a particular day of the week? You could try the following formula and see if it accomplishes what you are looking to do. You can of course modify the DayOfWeek() function for each day you want to do this for (1=Monday, 2=Tuesday, etc).

Code:
Highest(ValueWhen(1,DayOfWeek()=1,H))