logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sevenvironment  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2023 6:36:17 AM(UTC)
sevenvironment

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hi everyone , i am beginner for metastock programme, i would like to determine Beta value. I looked some topics from here , ı found that topic ; https://forum.metastock.com/posts/m153596-How-to-determine-Beta-in-Metastock

but i cant do that, i am doing like that; i am opening security from daily folder ,and , i am opening XU100 (turkish index)  and i am going to copy XU100 to openin security , and i am selecting beta formula quicklist and drop to chart and but ı dont see beta, 

where is my fault ? 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2023 2:32:31 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sevenvironment Go to Quoted Post

hi everyone , i am beginner for metastock programme, i would like to determine Beta value. I looked some topics from here , ı found that topic ; https://forum.metastock.com/posts/m153596-How-to-determine-Beta-in-Metastock

but i cant do that, i am doing like that; i am opening security from daily folder ,and , i am opening XU100 (turkish index)  and i am going to copy XU100 to openin security , and i am selecting beta formula quicklist and drop to chart and but ı dont see beta, 

where is my fault ? 

Hello,

Just to confirm the steps taken, when you plot Beta in the chart, are you seeing anything at all? Do you get a Scaling Options window? Did you choose Overlay without scale? Did you plot the Beta indicator directly on the Index (so that the Index turns pink when you are plotting Beta directly on it)?

sevenvironment  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2023 3:05:24 PM(UTC)
sevenvironment

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

ı copied that formula; ( ( 21 * Sum( ROC( CLOSE ,1 ,% ) * ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,21 ) ) - ( Sum( ROC( CLOSE ,1 ,% ) ,21) * Sum( ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,21 ) ) ) / ( (21 * Sum( Pwr( ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,2 ) ,21 )) - Pwr( Sum( ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,21 ) ,2 )) I dont see anything any line like etc, ı didnt see any scaling window, yes ı did while ı m going to plotting beta indicator from quicklist ,ındex turns pink,
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 3, 2023 2:22:45 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Originally Posted by: sevenvironment Go to Quoted Post
ı copied that formula; ( ( 21 * Sum( ROC( CLOSE ,1 ,% ) * ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,21 ) ) - ( Sum( ROC( CLOSE ,1 ,% ) ,21) * Sum( ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,21 ) ) ) / ( (21 * Sum( Pwr( ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,2 ) ,21 )) - Pwr( Sum( ROC( INDICATOR ,1 ,% ) ,21 ) ,2 )) I dont see anything any line like etc, ı didnt see any scaling window, yes ı did while ı m going to plotting beta indicator from quicklist ,ındex turns pink,

Hi again,

Do you know which version of MetaStock you are running? (You can check Help > About in MetaStock to see this)

Also, what format is your data in? (i.e. Online data, "Legacy" (MSFL), MSLocal, CSV)?