logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Marcoyuen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2021 10:45:10 AM(UTC)
Marcoyuen

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have been using MS 10.1 and Esignal as the data provider since Jan 2020. It has all been alright until yesterday. 

I mainly look at HangSeng Index and HS Futures charts. The minute and hourly charts are ok. When I switched the timeframe to daily or above (weekly, monthly..etc)  the charts showed "Waiting for the data, press esc to cancel" and gave no response. I had to restart MS. The problem persists. When I used the charts in Esignal it can show all time intervals.

Please advise me the fix?

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2021 9:07:48 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Marcoyuen Go to Quoted Post

I have been using MS 10.1 and Esignal as the data provider since Jan 2020. It has all been alright until yesterday. 

I mainly look at HangSeng Index and HS Futures charts. The minute and hourly charts are ok. When I switched the timeframe to daily or above (weekly, monthly..etc)  the charts showed "Waiting for the data, press esc to cancel" and gave no response. I had to restart MS. The problem persists. When I used the charts in Esignal it can show all time intervals.

Please advise me the fix?

Hello,

If you are still having this issue it would probably be best to contact our support department directly. Generally speaking this is all dependent upon the eSignal Data Manager (for historical data) and the Equis Data Server (for the tick by tick updates).

There can sometimes be issues when you request a large number of records on certain intervals. For example, eSignal permissions users for I believe 10 years of historical data, but if you request more than this (something which is not possible within eSignal but which you can do in MetaStock) it will cause issues.

If you load a large amount of records in your Load Options, you might want to try lowering the Load Options to see if this might help.