logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corrado  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 5:49:18 PM(UTC)
corrado

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Could you kindly give me a reference for a programming issue. I would like Metastock to detect events and do research based on that. 1) detection of a maximum period and detection of the date. 2) candle analysis after that peak

How can I make the system use the date (which it has detected) of the period maximum of point 1 which corresponds to the start of the candle analysis to date.?

Then find a date for an event and tell Metastock to analyze the candles after that date. Thanks to those who want to help me!

Crossover521  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 8:07:31 AM(UTC)
Crossover521

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I'm not aware of a way to use the date itself. But if, say, the event that triggers your analysis is the cross of x and y there's the function BarsSince(cross(x,y)) which returns the number of bars that have passed since x crossed y. Now this may or may not be useful depending on what you want to do. If for example you would like to use the number of days as input to a moving average function, it is impossible because Metastock wants that to be a constant. I'm not sure if you could do it with a .dll.

thanks 1 user thanked Crossover521 for this useful post.
corrado on 1/12/2021(UTC)