logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
greg550  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:23:34 AM(UTC)
greg550

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Dear ms developpers,

Here are my wishes for ms17:

An improved system tester with:

-Walk forward optimizer (as in Tradestation)

-More stats to avoid overfitting and gauge the statistical signicance of a system (T-Score, F-score,sharp ratio,p_value....)

-Scan over multiple time frames

An improved formula language:

Metastock language should include a real for loop. Implementing formulas in metastock MSX to overcome ms language limitations can be tedious (variable declaration, memory bound checking...). A python api to MSX could be a great option to simplify the process of generating dll.

thanks 3 users thanked greg550 for this useful post.
MS Support on 4/4/2019(UTC), Yewbzee on 6/6/2019(UTC), DF2000#### on 7/30/2020(UTC)
Steviet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:01:21 PM(UTC)
Steviet

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I agree about the scans over multiple time frames as its annoying that it locks you out of the interface once a scan kicks off. It would be nice to be able to queue up the same scan on the same instrument list across multiple days. For example so that at the end of the week I can set it up to perform the same scan back across each day of the past week and go off and do something else whilst it performs the set of scans. I should then be able to view the results of each scan instead of having to wait for each one to finish before setting the next one off. This is quite annoying when it takes a few minutes for each scan to complete. It would also be nice to be able to set a date range for the scan so that it operates across each active day/week/month (according to the interval set) so that I can adjust the formula and rescan multiple previous days to see the results change as the formula changes.
thanks 1 user thanked Steviet for this useful post.
DF2000#### on 7/30/2020(UTC)