logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yonyon191719  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:48:19 PM(UTC)
yonyon191719

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello,

When I open a chart, I want to change the number of bars that opened.

I check "load default records" and change the number in "displat __ records" but it always open 1250 records. I tried many numbers, and tried many templates, but nothing helps.

(I can open by Exchange date/time, but it is difficult to calculate this way..)

How can I set a number of records that I want to open?

Thanks

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 3:45:44 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: yonyon191719 Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

When I open a chart, I want to change the number of bars that opened.

I check "load default records" and change the number in "displat __ records" but it always open 1250 records. I tried many numbers, and tried many templates, but nothing helps.

(I can open by Exchange date/time, but it is difficult to calculate this way..)

How can I set a number of records that I want to open?

Thanks

Hello,

The Power Console is designed to load a default amount based on the Interval (5 Years on Daily) and the Display effectively controls the zoom level within this loaded amount.

You can use the "Retain Scale" checkbox within the X-Axis Properties to lock in a specific range. You can even set this as the Default Template after doing so, although we generally do not recommend using Retain Scale with the Default.MWT template. It would probably be better to retain scale within a non-default template and just apply that template whenever you want the fixed range of data to be loaded.

Saved charts work a bit differently (File > Open dialogue) because they are presently tied to what is called "Load Options" (File > Open > Options (gear icon) > Load Options) which allows you to Load X records and Display Y records.

You could use a custom indicator to tally the total bars in the chart (the formula is Cum(1) ) or you could use a Saved chart opened via File > Open to get the exact amount of data you want, and then use this chart to build your template from using Retain Scale. Retain Scale is accessed via an opened chart and double-clicking on the Date Axes or clicking Format > X-Axis.