logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MS Support  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:01:19 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi,

Thank you for the updates. Can you confirm which build of MetaStock you are using? (Help > About MetaStock will tell you both the version and build, such as: 15.0.4218). Some help file typos were fixed in the our first maintenance build, but if there are additional typos, knowing the section they are in can help us resolve them more easily.

At the bottom of each help topic there is usually a navigation path to the help topic, such as: Home > More Systems and Tools > Haguro Method > Haguro template

In regards to issue #4, I am not sure this is a bug but might need a few more details. Are you referring to what happens if you try and Change/Choose Instrument from an existing chart? The functionality here is that if you try and open a symbol not in a local data list, MetaStock will treat this as an online symbol (and fail). If the symbol is in a local data list (in the same folder/ as the symbol you've already opened, it should open this local data file.

If the security is in a different folder location, you will need to go back to the Power Console and open the list it is associated with.

I am not sure I fully understand #5, are you saying your old formulas did not get imported in to MetaStock 15? Did you run the MetaStock Migration Utility (MMU) after installing MetaStock 15? Usually MetaStock will prompt for this the first time you run it after upgrading.

I can report the issues with Unleash the Power pg 71 although the specific typos might be helpful. With some branded systems, we will often take the developer's wording but I can see where the text could be cleaned up a little bit. I will submit the Teach Talk Trade commentary issue as well.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 3, 2017 7:02:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:42:11 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi,

There are limitations on the Choose Instrument functionality (and using Enter to open it):

-When typing the symbol, the results must be narrowed down to 1 result

As long as this criteria is met, the local security file should open when you press Enter. An example that would not work:

D_C Citigroup
D_CAT Caterpillar

If this was your list and you typed D_C (and your dialogue is set to symbol "Starts With") it will show 2 results and when you press Enter an online request is made. If you change the dialogue to use "Ends With" instead, you should get an exact match, and when you press Enter the local instrument (Citigroup) should be opened.

Also keep in mind when typing in a symbol to narrow down the list, you can always double click on the symbol vs. pressing Enter. This should always open the local instrument in your list. It is only when you have multiple results and you use the Enter key that an online request can be made. I will see if there would be any way to disable the ability to make an online request.

Regarding the MetaStock Migration Utility, I would probably need a bit more detail to your specific situation, but as long as the formula files still reside on the PC where the MMU expects them to be, they should be imported.

However, this is ultimately just a convenience item. You can always use the formula "Organizer" button to import MetaStock formula files from any accessible location. If there are problems with the formulas we would need to look at this on a case by case basis. If the formulas use a DLL, that DLL would need to be in the C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\MetaStock\15.0\Formulas\External Function DLLs but the DLL should be put in this location as part of a formula import.

We would need to see the specifics of the DLL/formula error to know more specifically how to assist.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:47:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 3:43:43 AM(UTC)
MS Support

When you typed in the symbol, was your list narrowed down to 1 symbol? You are correct and I left that out. If your list is not narrowed down to one symbol, you must select an instrument within the dialogue before pressing Enter or clicking Select Instrument.
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 3:47:40 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Also, I missed part of your initial post. Pivots Daily is only in MetaStock RT as it is designed to be plotted on intraday time frames. I have put in a request to have the topic removed from the DC version. Thank you for reporting these issues!
MS Support  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 5:00:13 PM(UTC)
MS Support

We would probably need to look further at your PC, as this is not the behavior that we are seeing on our systems here. 1. Open MetaStock Offline Mode 2. Open a local data chart from a Local Data list 3. Type in an exact match in the Choose Instrument dialogue that narrows your results to 1 symbol 4. Press Enter When I perform the above steps, the local instrument I am switching to opens just fine.
MS Support  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 5:36:15 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi, This is a problem that affects a small number of users. It is something we have seen throughout the years and does not appear to be unique to any particular operating system, version of internet explorer, etc. It is possible it could be related to some sort of script blocking or security application interfering. A simple workaround is to add the MSWIN.CHM file to the Custom Toolbar at the bottom of MetaStock. Then you can simply click this button to open the Help file vs. using F1 or Help > MetaStock Help. Because the custom toolbar launches the file externally (similar to double clicking MSWIN.CHM from outside the program) this usually works to circumvent the problem.