logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnnyGold  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:15:49 AM(UTC)
JohnnyGold

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi everybody,

I'm using Metastock Pro 11 and I'd like to test a system with a bunch of rules. One of these is: Buy if the today's closing of the first bar (15 min. bars) is above the low of 2 days ago trading day.

I can't write the code to determine the low of 2 days ago (using intraday data). It must be 1 value only.

Can someone help?

Thank you

Giovanni

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:44:49 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
You might be able to try the formula below. You may want to try it in an intraday chart first as an indicator to see if it correctly identifies the Low from 2 days ago. { 2-day ago low intraday} newday:=ROC(DayOfWeek(),1,$)<>0; LastValue(ValueWhen(2,newday,Ref(LowestSince(1,newday,L),-1)))
sandrajames  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 6:02:09 AM(UTC)
sandrajames

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Price reaches the day's high and low frequently inside the primary moment of the stock's open. Inside the primary hour of exchanging, the day's high happens 49% of the time and value achieves the day's low 46% of the time, by and large. I tried finding a site to provide me with regular data, there is no free site giving you every second intra-day data. Although paid sites are there, but it is not advisable because I do not find any use of it. But after closing or even during the IPO session you can find the intra-day graph of price and volume of the stock from the exchanges itself. Just write the name or code of the stock at the appropriate box given in the exchange’s homepage and press enter. You will be taken to the stock’s page and there in a box you will get the intra-day progress graph with price and volume.

Edited by user Friday, September 28, 2018 1:21:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified