logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Derek Worswick  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:50:12 PM(UTC)
Derek Worswick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi Equis Formula assistance I would like to be able to Plot the Standard Error Channel Formula below with Shift To the left of a number of selected Days i.e. {shift:=Input("Shift back Period Days",0,512,52) } Hoping you can oblige, thanking you in advance Best regards, Derek *code* { ========== 8< ========================= } Periods:=Input("Periods Length Channel ",20,1000,102); nd:= Input("number of deviations",0,10,2); {shift:=Input("Shift back Period Days",0,512,52) } end:=LastValue(Cum(1)); pt:=LastValue(LinearReg(C,Periods)); slope:=LastValue(LinRegSlope(C,Periods)); start:=BarsSince(Cum(1)>=end-(Periods-1)); center:=If(start=0,pt - (slope*(end-Cum(1))),0); dis:=nd*LastValue(STE( C, Periods)); { center+dis;} { center; } {center-dis; } If(Cum(1)=(end-(Periods-1)),(center+dis),center-dis); If(Cum(1)=(end-(Periods-1)),center-dis,center+dis); { ========================================== } {The second part of the formula below is just a repeat of the Formula above but the Periods divided by 2 for the half cycle} Periods:=LastValue(Round(Periods/2)); {shift:=Input("Lookback Period Days",0,512,52) } end:=LastValue(Cum(1)); pt:=LastValue(LinearReg(C,Periods)); slope:=LastValue(LinRegSlope(C,Periods)); start:=BarsSince(Cum(1)>=end-(Periods-1)); center:=If(start=0,pt - (slope*(end-Cum(1))),0); dis:=nd*LastValue(STE( C, Periods)); { center+dis;} { center; } {center-dis; } If(Cum(1)=(end-(Periods-1)),(center+dis),center-dis); If(Cum(1)=(end-(Periods-1)),center-dis,center+dis); Standard Error Channel with shift.docx */code*
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:49:37 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi,

Official formula assistance is only provided via https://www.metastock.co...s/customformulaform.aspx

The forum is set up to support assistance among users. I am not a formula guru myself, but generally speaking when you want to shift something backward, you will add a positive REF function periods. You would wrap the REF function among the various outputs, i.e.:

ref(center+dis,shift);
ref(center,shift);
ref(center-dis,shift);

You would want to remove the curly brackets from around the shift input portion of the code as well.

Edited by user Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:51:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Derek Worswick  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:25:45 PM(UTC)
Derek Worswick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi, Thank you for your reply Below is the Amibroker code for the "Shift" I wish I want to achive to the Standard Channel The code Plots the "Shifted" Channels OK I hope you get the oode OK I had to alter the "Param" numbers of the Shift Link below:in case the code is corrupted on the internet http://www.traderji.co...on-trend-channels.htm l Best regards, Derek ================================ // Linear Regression Line with 2 Standard Deviation Channels Plotted Above and Below // Written by Patrick Hargus, with critical hints from Marcin Gorzynski, Amibroker.com Technical Support // Designed for use with AB 4.63 beta and above, using drag and drop feature. // Permits plotting a linear regression line of any price field available on the chart for a period determined by the user. // 2 Channels, based on a standard deviation each determined by the user, are plotted above and below the linear regression line. // A look back feature is also provided for examining how the indicator would have appeared on a chart X periods in the past. // BarIndex() is the same as Cum(1)-1 but is much faster than Cum(1) *code* Plot( C, "Close", colorBlue, styleBar | styleNoTitle | ParamStyle( "Style" ) | GetPriceStyle() ); P = ParamField("Price field",-1); Daysback = Param("Period for Liner Regression Line",21,1,240,1); shift = Param("Look back period",0.30,0,0,240,1); // =============================== Math Formula ================================ x = Cum(1); lastx = LastValue( x ) - shift; aa = LastValue( Ref(LinRegIntercept( p, Daysback), -shift) ); bb = LastValue( Ref(LinRegSlope( p, Daysback ), -shift) ); y = Aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx - DaysBack +1 ) ); // ==================Plot the Linear Regression Line =============================== LRColor = ParamColor("LR Color", colorCycle ); LRStyle = ParamStyle("LR Style"); LRLine = IIf( x > (lastx - Daysback) AND BarIndex() < Lastx, y, Null ); Plot( LRLine , "LinReg", LRCOLOR, LRSTYLE ); // styleDots ); // ========================== Plot 1st SD Channel ============================== //SDP = Param("Standard Deviation", 1.5, 0, 6, 0.1);//1.5 default //SDP = Param("Standard Deviation" ,0.30, 0, 6, 0.1);//1.5 default SDP = Param("Standard Deviation" ,0.30, 0, 6, 0.1);//1.5 default SD = SDP/2; width = LastValue( Ref(SD*StDev(p, Daysback),-shift) ); // THIS IS WHERE THE WIDTH OF THE CHANELS IS SET SDU = IIf( x > (lastx - Daysback) AND BarIndex() < Lastx, y+width , Null ) ; SDL = IIf( x > (lastx - Daysback) AND BarIndex() < Lastx, y-width , Null ) ; SDColor = ParamColor("SD Color", colorCycle ); SDStyle = ParamStyle("SD Style"); Plot( SDU , "Upper Lin Reg", SDColor,SDStyle ); Plot( SDL , "Lower Lin Reg", SDColor,SDStyle ); // ============================ End Indicator Code ======== */code*

Edited by user Friday, September 23, 2016 3:10:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Info Note: BarIndex() is the same as Cum(1)-1 but is much faster than Cum(1)