logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erik2016  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:48:53 PM(UTC)
Erik2016

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hurst defined the 'FLD', the future line of demarcation. If he found a cycle of for instance 18 days he plotted the  median C-values of the past 18/2 + 1 = 10 days ahead to get the FLD. So f.i. todays median price is plotted on the 20th of March 2016. I could do that by taking the 1-day median MA and giving it a horizontal shift of 10 days. That works, however not further than the price of 10 days ago, which is than plotted on today. I studied the 'Formula Primer', but could not find a way to shift the median C-value of the last 10 days x - days ahead in the future, by programming it myself. My question is: is there a way to program the median prices of the last 10 days ahead in the future? Thanks for any help. Erik

Edited by user Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:57:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2016 4:32:06 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, Currently the formula language does not allow formulas to go beyond the most recent data point. You can pull prior values forward using the REF function, but this will not project values beyond the last data point. This is something we are actively looking into as we overhaul our formula language, but I cannot say exactly when such a feature will be implemented at this time.