logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whatscritical  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:53:39 PM(UTC)
whatscritical

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Is there an ExtFml / DLL that enables an email to be sent from a formula? I am currently using alerts via Expert Advisors but with multiple charts / advisors and extended formulas this approach consumes memory and invariably leads to the app crashing. Was thinking that having an alert being sent directly from the formula when a trade signal is generated would be more efficient from a memory perspective. Thanks, Matt
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2015 12:01:52 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi Matt,

I am not familiar with any way to do this via formula / external DLL function. I will see what I can find out for certain and get back with you. As an additional note though, I don't think an indicator sending the request via ExtFML would be any more stable than the expert doing the same as they are both interacting with the formula language the same way. I haven't really seen any problem with the Expert Advisor sending emails, but any formula can be performance-heavy and cause stability issues when using a lot of charts with real-time updates which could be the underlying issue with the crashing.

Edited by user Thursday, December 31, 2015 12:17:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified