logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dax  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 12:25:34 PM(UTC)
Dax

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

good day sirs,

i know a lot of people will scold me because this forum's principle is to teach people to fish. not to give them. 

my apologies. but im no good in programming. im going to ask sirs if someone can help me. this is with regard to Stochastics. im looking for the Explorer Formula for Stochastics that will give me a buy signal/filter (green arrow up) under parameters 10, 3, 3 instead of the usual 15, 3, 5. 

my apologies again sirs. i know this is simple for the people out here. but i cant do it. as far as i know, there are only 10 people of us using Metastock in our country. 

thanks.

dax

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 4, 2015 3:09:08 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The built-in stochastic function covers the first two parameters. A moving average of the stochastic (%D) covers the third parameter. Unless you are actually utilizing the "Signal Line" (%D) the last parameter is not relevant. Stoch(10,3); Mov(Stoch(10,3),3,S); If you wanted to generate Overbought / Oversold type signals using %D (i.e. crossing up through 80 = overbought, crossing down through 20 = oversold) you could use something like: {Stoch %D Overbought} Cross(Mov(Stoch(10,3),3,S),80) {Stoch %D Oversold} Cross(20,Mov(Stoch(10,3),3,S))
Dax  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 3:06:17 PM(UTC)
Dax

sir MS Support,

thanks so much. you solved one of my problems. that is to filter stocks at oversold levels. i appreciate it so much. what i am really looking (trying to filter) are stocks that satisfied the 10 3 3 parameters. please sir, kindly look at the STS screen grab in the dropbox link -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wuexrdvn1qxqgfj/AABVDPclO-Fvx204tf3w8mjRa?dl=0

the STS you are seeing gave a buy signal (arrow up) using parameters 10 3 3.

in metastock, i am using the formula below for MACD to filter me stocks that cross the MACD using the parameters 3 10 16.  

{Buy}
Pds1:=3;
Pds2:=10;
Pds3:=16;
X:=Mov(C,Pds1,E) - Mov(C,Pds2,E);{MACD}
Y:=Mov(Mov(C,Pds1,E) - Mov(C,Pds2,E),Pds3,E);{Signal Line}
Cross(X,Y)

now i cannot modify this to suit the STS 10 3 3 parameters.

THANKS SO MUCH SIR!!!

Dax  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2015 3:27:49 PM(UTC)
Dax

what i mean for this - - -  in metastock, i am using the formula below for MACD to filter me stocks that cross the MACD using the parameters 3 10 16.  

is this - - - in metastock, i am using the formula below for MACD to filter me stocks that GIVES A MACD buy signal using the parameters 3 10 16.  

thanks once again. 

MS Support  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:25:35 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: Dax Go to Quoted Post

sir MS Support,

thanks so much. you solved one of my problems. that is to filter stocks at oversold levels. i appreciate it so much. what i am really looking (trying to filter) are stocks that satisfied the 10 3 3 parameters. please sir, kindly look at the STS screen grab in the dropbox link -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wuexrdvn1qxqgfj/AABVDPclO-Fvx204tf3w8mjRa?dl=0

the STS you are seeing gave a buy signal (arrow up) using parameters 10 3 3.

in metastock, i am using the formula below for MACD to filter me stocks that cross the MACD using the parameters 3 10 16.  

From what I can tell, they are using %K crossing up through 20 as a Buy signal and down through 80 as a sell signal.  Should be achievable via the following formulas:

{Stoch %K Oversold - Buy}
Cross(Stoch(10,3),20)

{Stoch %K Overbought - Sell}
Cross(80,Stoch(10,3))

Dax  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2015 12:21:24 PM(UTC)
Dax

this is exactly what i am looking for sir MS Support! thank you so much!!! 

hope i can repay your kindness someday. 

Dax  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 3:33:20 PM(UTC)
Dax

hi. i need a formula to filter the stochastic value of all the securities using the 10,3,3 setting.

i am working on this formula - (Sum( C - LLV(L,10), 3 ) / Sum(HHV(H,10) - LLV(L,10), 3) ) * 100. unfortunately the value that i am getting is not consistent with the stoch 10, 3, 3.

my broker figured that in the Philippine Stock Index, anything below a stochastic value of lower than 10 using the stoch 10 3 3 setting will have a technical bounce.

thanks! hope someone can help me. thanks again!

MS Support  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:37:32 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hello, The first formula you referenced would be the %K Stochastic 10,3. The only time the 3rd parameter comes into play is for %D which is simply a moving average of %K per the example below: {Stoch %D example 10,3,3} Mov((Sum(C - LLV(L,10),3) / Sum(HHV(H,10) - LLV(L,10),3)),3,S) * 100
Dax  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2015 8:56:42 AM(UTC)
Dax

sir MS Support, i cant still get the correct values...though it is very close now. is there any other formula where we can tweak it. thanks sir!!! my apologies for being too stubborn.