logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andnd  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 2:38:35 AM(UTC)
andnd

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Hi. I've got an issue with my System tester. I am using a very low profit target, only 0,1%. Sometimes, metastock makes a profit position that seems to be impossible. the bar is a down bar and metastock still gives a profit. you can see that happen on the image, the 104th trade should not be profitable at the same bar, it should be profitable six bars later (the blue line is the take profit, the black line is my entry point). the same thing happens on the 106th trade. the 105th trade is correct. i use metastock 11. is it possible to avoid that?

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, May 11, 2015 2:39:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 3:29:06 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The stops are always primed to trigger once you are in a trade, so if any point on the price bar meets your profit criteria (my guess would be the high price of your (104) trade was >= 0.1% which is why you got out on the same bar. There is no way to change this in the stops themselves. It is possible to reconstruct your exit criteria to incorporate a formulaic stop although the formulas will become more complex. One example my formula writer gave to me would be to set up a limit order similar to the structure below: BC:={Buy Condition Here}; SC:={Sell Condition Here}; Trade:=If(PREV<=0,If(BC,C,0),If(SC,-1,If(H>PREV+{Profit Target},-2,PREV))); If(TRADE=-1,C,REF(TRADE,-1)+{Profit Target})
andnd  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:05:56 PM(UTC)
andnd

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I did that but still happens the same problem. A down bar as a profit.
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 8:40:31 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
With the system tester, there are a number of options and settings that can affect your results. We would likely need to see the information in the Orders tab and the System tab to more accurately look into this issue. You can contact our support via the information in the link below: https://www.metastock.com/company/contact.aspx