logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmncas  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:07:54 PM(UTC)
jmncas

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello.

I´ve been a Metastock user since version 11 and currently using 14.

My favourite feature and the one i use mostly is the the explorer and the wealth of different 

explorations available as well as the ability to create new customized ones.

I think the Explorer is the top reason that  makes me keep using Metastock daily and what sets 

it apart from other software out there.

My personal take on technical analysis after some years is to always try to streamline things 

and keep them simple as can be in order to filter fast through all the "noise".I´d love 

Metastock to become much more of a companion on this than to drag me to labyrinthic paths and 

features that not always have a practical use.Something that works like "a top down approach 

on the markets made "easy"",if that´s even possible :) 

Some things i find lacking or that could be new in the field:

- A built in Risk Management Tool.With so many free and somewhat dubious Excel spreadsheets on 

the web doing this in one way or another,it problably won´t be that hard to program one into 

the software,ideally something that could be easily clicked from the top bar,like the Data 

Window.It wouldn´t require much,only the standard initial equity,percent risk,stop loss and 

the number of shares allowed.

- It would be nice to have some sort of Alert System that enabled us to set the alert on a 

given price in a security and being alerted (End of day or real time,depending on Metastock 

version) when it got there.That could saves us some time and also help not loose some new 

trends.

- One Metastock Template that allows to open a a chart not already in a layout in more than 

one timeframe,like Weekly and Daily.It´s already done in a lot of other software out there and 

saves time.If it could be set to default,then it would be really nice.

-Several indicators look quite dull colorwise on the charts.I know we´re not making decoration 

work around here but things like Macd could look a lot better without becoming too heavy on 

one´s computer.

-I know it´s kind of a Holy Grail in Technical Analysis software but if you could try and work 

on Weekly supports and resistances and major trendlines being "summoned" into the daily chart 

through a indicator or something like that..that would be awesome indeed.

-Noticed recently more webinars on the pratical side rather than just Add-on 

demonstrations,that is nice,please keep doing so as that´s what really matters in the end.

Ok,getting too long i guess.

Hope i made some constructive "criticism" here and helped also keep the discussion 

alive.English not being my native language,i´m sorry for any "odd" word.

Thanks to everyone that reads and especially to anyone that replies and contribute with more.

Best Regards,
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 4:15:33 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, Thank you for posting your feedback! We do have an older add-on that still functions well for managing risk called JBL Risk Manager. This does require locally stored data collected through the DownLoader and operates completely outside of MetaStock, however. You can already save a layout as a multi-chart template, which you can then apply to a single chart you have opened. However, when you right-click and choose "Apply Template", you will want to make sure the "Use Template's Periodicity" box is checked. Then when you apply your multi-chart template, it will properly open the template in the time-frame the layout was in, such as Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, for example. However, layouts in general do not work well as the "Default" template as the default template is designed to work with Smart Charts. Some sort of alert manager outside of the Expert Advisor would be nice as well. Currently we have an Alert Manager within XENITH (part of MetaStock R/T's data package) but getting something directly in MetaStock would be nice to see. More advanced indicator visuals (i.e. cleaner looking histograms, color gradients, etc) will be coming down the road as well, although this will likely be wrapped up as part of our larger charting overhaul.
jmncas  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:52:25 PM(UTC)
jmncas

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks for the quick reply. Best regards.