logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
henry1224  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 5:33:17 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Would all of you non believers, for once and for all just shut up about your mindless complaints!!!

If you have issues with metastock, and it's just not working for you. just switch to another program.
It will take you about 6 months to get setup and learn a new format, but you won't have Metastock to blame anymore!

Both Eddie and John S can talk all they want,till they are blue in the face! But the facts are the same, Metastock will have to change to be able to compete with their competitors.

I personally like to use metastock, but I also use other programs. If metastock doesn't address the the data issue and leaves me in the dust, I am prepared to switch to another data vendor asap!

I wish that the current tone of the topics on this forum switch back to TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
thanks 1 user thanked henry1224 for this useful post.
Dundee1955 on 1/1/2021(UTC)
delta_fin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:57:45 AM(UTC)
delta_fin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Forums are built to allow us to whinge if we aren't happy. I'm not happy with the lack of data. So stop whinging about our whinging. :)
eddie.m  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:42:32 AM(UTC)
eddie.m

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Yeah right, [:D] cowards behind computers deleting posts just to make only their opinion count ...

What some traders are all about ....

>>MetaStock Forum Administration response to Eddie.m: The MetaStock forum has guidelines that all users must follow and adhere to. We do like to give as much leeway as possible and do not like to interfere with constructive conversations; however your conversations have taken on a more demeaning manner and as such have been moderated. We do not take moderating lightly and in fact have only done so a handful of times in the past 10 years. Please feel free to contact me directly with any complaints you may have. Katie (KTP2)<<

-->

henry1224  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:40:44 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Dear Eddie,

I have no problems with members posting issues about Metastock! If you have a technical problem with the software, call for Equis support or post a question about the issue. If other members have had the same issue, maybe they will post their solution.

A product wish list, is just a place to suggest future product upgrades. If metastock deems it appropriate, they will include it into their next version.

I don’t have a problem with members venting about the changes that Equis is implementing to the DATA format. I personally do not feel that converting DAT files into CSV files is the solution. Equis could easily fix the Data issue, if they want to!

My issue with some members is that they keep harping about the same problems over and over! Equis has heard us! What they do is up to them! The software users are just a pimple on an elephant’s ass! Equis will only listen if users as a group, refuse to keep buying their products!

The tone of the forum has changed from Technical Analysis to just whining about the same Data problem! While the Data Problem is a major issue, we can’t change it, we have to adjust and find alternate solutions! While some members think that they have found the holy grail and that they have been appointed POPE, their solutions and opinions are just a poor excuse to blow smoke! Just a shameless attempt of bravado!

Members who supply code for formulas, provide it for free! How we use this code can be disputed, the profitability is the true judge of any code.

The Forum has been around since 1995, Wabbit, Roy Larsen, Jose Silva, JJ Stein , Myself and others have provided formulas for years! While this code is free, using it is at your own risk! Just about every indicator has been coded into some sort of system, members just have to do a search in the forum, most likely they will get an answer to their questions.

Some new users are intimidated with the MSFL, they just expect us to provide this free code, at the drop of their hat! Well I have some news for them, make an effort to try and code it! If you get stuck, post the code and WE WILL HELP YOU TO GET IT RESOLVED! FOR FREE!

Just make an effort first!

While you don’t believe in coding, it is the MSFL language that drives the software! Coding drives all software! Without code, you will trading with a BLACK BOX or flipping a coin!

You have issues with Wabbit and myself, calling us out and claiming that we are just shills who have very little actual trading experience. I have been trading my own account since 1995! My accounts may not be as large as Warren Buffet’s, but they are profitable! All traders face the same problem, RISK! We all have different amounts of risk that we are willing to accept!

Wabbit charges for custom dll’s, Roy charges for his newsletter, Jose sells his toolkits and VSTPro “ I highly recommend Roy’s Multi Time frame indicators and Jose’s VST Pro” and I provided a toolkit for the PowerPivots add-on for free! To call us out as shills is unacceptable to me!

Our code is far superior to that code that comes from the Add-ons that Equis sells from their so called experts and Guru’s.

I don’t brag about my trading, I keep it personal! I don’t have to post bravado after my name to get attention, I will let the post speak for itself! You claim to have a large collection of Technical analysis of Stocks and Commodities, well I can tell you that the code that is provide from their magazine has a failure rate of about 60 %.That is an unacceptable amount of risk to me!

You brag about money managers making a whole boatload of money! If they have bottomless pockets of money and with minimal amount of risk, obviously they will make a ton of money!

They have access to larger Black Pools and preferential treatments than small time traders!

Lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges!

And I don't delete posts!
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}