logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
delta_fin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:41:18 AM(UTC)
delta_fin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Unlike many of the old-timers here, I'm actually reasonably new to Metastock. My first go with MS was a few years ago. I'm more of an inter-market analyst, and I have to compliment many aspects of what they've put out, but let me start with a bold, capitalized, underlined request - that I hope someone will act upon.

WE NEED MORE INTRADAY DATA AND WE NEED IT NOW!!!

Seriously guys, this is something that needs to be sorted out right away. 3 months? Are you kidding me? You can throw in a million bells and whistles, but if you give us three months of intra-day, let's be honest - only losing traders can use this product. And the thing is, traders that make money are much better customers than traders that lose money. So help us make money, guys - and give us more intraday data, right away.

WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, GIVE US OFFLINE & THIRD PARTY ACCESS..
W[censored]ver the genius was that decided you'd lock us into your streams through this new data format - needs to think long and hard about the dangers of repression. I feel repressed, heck, i feel like I'm in a bit of a metastock prison.

.. GIVE US A BIT MORE EIKON..
Now, this one's really a compliment, but since I'm moaning and quite enjoying the moan - I'll make it sound like a complaint. Eikon is pretty bloody fantastic. It saves me time, and anything that saves me time is awesome. Well worth the money spent. But, err - someone sat there trying to determine permission levels - and w[censored]ver that was, got a lot of things wrong. For example, in the economic monitor section - a random collection of charts tell you permission is denied, while showing you the data.. Other show you data and live charts. Economic indicator charts show you charts, minus the most recent data. This is plain absurd (PMI data works this way - and PMI data is very bloody important. So fix this).
And.. several other things follow this illogical paradigm. For instance, when I go to one of the markets I trade - India, I go to equities -> indices -> Market Data and tools I get pemission errors on things like FII Activity - Equity (publicly available data, on the SEBI website); I don't get an A/d line (Eikon is really cool - but how can you have an index without an A/D line?). We've been using A/D lines for 50 years! Give us an A/D line.
And in general, it would really just be fantastic if you opened up the messenger - at least, based on some criteria - give us a competence exam if that's what it takes. But, trading is a lonely endeavor and a nice trader chat is good for the spirits. And good for that bottom line, and like I said, you want your traders to make money. Because if they don't, they don't get to pay you for very long. Open it up, Reuters, open it up.

And that's where my moaning ends.
A lot of what's inside Xenith is absolute quality. You're allowing us retail folks to work with something almost institution grade. I'd be thrilled if you made the framework actually institution grade for us and worked on the two elements I've raised.

I get the sense that a person named John is quite open and receptive. And I hope he'll humor me on a timeline of when we can expect more intraday data. And perhaps promise me that he'll personally sit down and navigate permission levels and change something everytime the trader in him is infuriated. Cheers everybody!
eddie.m  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:54:16 AM(UTC)
eddie.m

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
delta_fin wrote:
And that's where my moaning ends.
A lot of what's inside Xenith is absolute quality. You're allowing us retail folks to work with something almost institution grade. I'd be thrilled if you made the framework actually institution grade for us and worked on the two elements I've raised.

I get the sense that a person named John is quite open and receptive. And I hope he'll humor me on a timeline of when we can expect more intraday data. And perhaps promise me that he'll personally sit down and navigate permission levels and change something everytime the trader in him is infuriated. Cheers everybody!
Hello Delta, [:)]

1). If retail traders are going to be pampered with institution grade software, what will the pros remain with? [:O]

2). John indeed is a nice fellow. It is our duty as MetaStock veterans to give him a break so he could deal with breastfeeders who give him no break at all with their crying.

3). The upcoming MS v13 will solve all the MS users’ past requests. It will be dedicated to all of us who, over the many years, brought Equis to success with our money paid for upgrades.

Equis will become so flexible, that it will even start making personalized versions. [:D] You want something added? Pay $ and the MS team will include it in your own private copy.

Want your girlfriend’s name included at the top left? You’ll pay $50.

Want your girlfriend’s name removed? Sorry, that will be $100.

Who could ask for more? After MS v13, nobody will. [;)]

delta_fin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:20:09 AM(UTC)
delta_fin

LOL Eddie.

I think (and maybe this is my imagination), Reuters is going to find (or has already) that this retail market is a pretty prize place to hit. Eikon didn't do great with institutions, because they are deeply invested into their Bloombergs. New terminal, thousands of dollars a piece all those legacy issues - not really worth it. Besides, institutional rate of growth hasn't been great, lately.
Retail on the other hand - technology continues to be an enabler. 30 years ago, the gap from institutional grade to retail was insurmountable. Today, with low transaction costs and greater flexibility - there's a soviet army of retail equities warriors being built up. 20 years ago, the notion that retail could pay institutional grade brokerages would have been a right good joke. Today, it's more or less true. Don't see why platforms shouldn't evolve the same way. In fact, that wonderful thing called twitter often gives me information before those fugly bloombergers. Just saying - retail is veering towards VERY active management (trading) - institutions are in a flummox. Opening up more of Eikon to the little guy isn't a losing trade for Reuters.
Maybe, the aspirational way - a little extra a month for a little more.

I was told MS13 would come with a printing machine (copyright Ben Bernanke). That just a rumor?
eddie.m  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:18:54 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Hi there, [:)]

1). Institutional traders? [:O] A bunch of oxygen thieves who cannot trade alone from home. They need assurances from the team, and the team consists of lookalikes nullities chasing after salaries and bonuses.

Many investments firms closed the doors after 2008 and pros found themselves unable to do the great things they were doing. They got used to large capital in order to make a few bucks, when we all know that the secret to playing the markets is exactly the opposite: use little capital to make large profits. [:D]

Trading is about total freedom, not bending over to the first employer.

2). Trading platforms may evolve north or south. Essential is to be able to score with SMAs and anything like Stochastic. If one cannot do that, no super software will save him. Not to say that there is no need to save anyone: the markets need fools and their money at all times. [:D]

3). As for Bernanke, maybe he will buy MS v13 for him too to learn how to create value, not consume it. [:@] Money handlers are NOT money creators.

I am glad I found you, someone with humor, on MS Forum. [:D] Now please go make some money with Xenith this week as it is now ‘cause I need US$355.000 before mid April and I’m thinking of asking you for a loan. Don’t wait until Equis implements your suggestions above for you to make some quick profits! [:$]

delta_fin  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:19:42 AM(UTC)
delta_fin

This just speaks to why the Xenith gods need to open up Reuters messenger to us! This global community of nuts like us who bury ourselves in charts and data and thoughts about bernanke and a man called mario (super mario) and events as disparate as a nuclear (or should i say nucular) disaster or a large discovery of oil - we need to vent with like-minded folks!

It seems the nice man named John didn't consider this thread worth responding to yet (understandably) - but John, if you're out there - this intraday data issue REALLY needs a solution. Or at least an estimate or a guesstimate of when we can see a return to a respectable amount of intraday data.

Also Eddie - I've sent the 355k to your bank account in Cyprus. Good luck getting it out :)
eddie.m  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:36:12 AM(UTC)
eddie.m

delta_fin wrote:
Also Eddie - I've sent the 355k to your bank account in Cyprus. Good luck getting it out :)
Thank you delta. [:)]
I already got it half an hour ago because I have contacts in that Bank. They were happy to hear you have a Greek name. I'll let you know how it works. I truly appreciate your lending me cash without talking about interest first. This is how it should be among true friends. [:D]