logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcweber  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:51:20 AM(UTC)
dcweber

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Longtime MS user (v4 - v11) here. Have many of my own Custom Ind's and Explorations.

Recently tried to switch to AmiBroker because I read so many good things about its System Tester. Holy S#it, was that painful. AmiBroker is like using Assembly language - sure you can do almost anything but it takes FOREVER. Took me a month to convert 10 of my MS Custom Indicators and plot them in a Custom chart.

So now back with MS v11 and have read many good things about TradeSim's abilities over MS Enhanced System Tester.

But they offer 3 versions of TradeSim. Question - is the Std Ed worth purchasing or is it so dumbed-down as to make worthless? I'd spend the ~$200 for it but would not spend the ~$480 for the Pro version.

Thanks,

Doug

eddie.m  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 7:20:37 AM(UTC)
eddie.m

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
dcweber wrote:

Longtime MS user (v4 - v11) here.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Weber, [:)]

Wow, 20 years and still searching ... [:O]

dcweber wrote:

Have many of my own Custom Ind's and Explorations.

Doug

Anything good for sale? [:D]

dcweber wrote:

So now back with MS v11 and have read many good things about TradeSim's abilities over MS Enhanced System Tester.

But they offer 3 versions of TradeSim. Question - is the Std Ed worth purchasing or is it so dumbed-down as to make worthless? I'd spend the ~$200 for it but would not spend the ~$480 for the Pro version.

Thanks,

Doug

You should have saved some money by now to afford buying the top version.
The #1 rule is:

always buy the best software & hardware, so that at least from the help side you own the highest quality tools. This allows you to be the same old relaxed guy you have always been, or perhaps to become the best you can, but will you?

wabbit  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:23:42 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
dcweber wrote:

You can decide for yourself by looking at the differences between the versions to find the one which suits your needs : http://www.compuvision.com.au/FeatureComparison.htm