logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eddie.m  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:04:52 AM(UTC)
eddie.m

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

What does R in the calendars on the X-Axis Properties pop-up window stand for?

It should be T like in Thursday, but for 15 years it has not been changed ... [:@] [6]

Is it a programming trick or just plain mistake, in which case it begs for correction.

Laisze  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:14:52 PM(UTC)
Laisze

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

It is neither - T is for Tuesday. [:$]
eddie.m  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:50:54 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Laisze wrote:
It is neither - T is for Tuesday. [:$]

So what does R stand for in MS v7, 8, 9, 10 & 11? [:O]

Laisze  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:26:17 PM(UTC)
Laisze

The same it stands for in all other meatstock versions. "R" is used universally for ThuRsday for phonetic reasons, so that it doesn't become confused with Tuesday.

Ed, your elevator is stuck between floors. There are plenty of real bugs to complain about, such as why the metasock calendar is short 2 days in February - now go ask Mr Slauson about that one!
eddie.m  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:58:37 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

[:D]

Laisze wrote:
The same it stands for in all other meatstock versions. "R" is used universally for ThuRsday for phonetic reasons, so that it doesn't become confused with Tuesday.

Ed, your elevator is stuck between floors. There are plenty of real bugs to complain about, such as why the metasock calendar is short 2 days in February - now go ask Mr Slauson about that one!

Hi there, [:)]

English is not my native language and nobody enlightened me on this topic as much as you did.
All the calendars I have seen, including Windows XP SP3, showed S M T W T F S. [:S]
Also, my MS early v11 with Downloader shows all the dates in February, with no date missing.
Thank you for pointing the phonetic aspect to me.

eddie.m  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:59:34 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Laisze wrote:

English is not my native language and nobody enlightened me on this topic as much as you did.
All the calendars I have seen, including Windows XP SP3's calendar, showed S M T W T F S. [:S]
Also, in my MS early v11 with the Downloader, all dates in February are present.

Thank you for helping me with the phonetic aspect of it.

eddie.m  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:03:50 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Laisze wrote:

All the calendars I have seen, including Windows XP3's calendar, showed S M T W T F S. [:S]
Also, I have a complete list of dates in February in MS early v11 (Downloader version) with nothing missing.

Thank you for explaining the phonetic aspect to me.

eddie.m  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:19:27 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Sorry for multiple postings.
Slow wireless Internet connection across the Atlantic Ocean is to blame.
henry1224  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:58:53 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Eddie.m, You can continue to beat your head against a brick wall all you want and the only result will be , is that you will have a headache and a bloody forehead!

Don't worry about Metastock! Equis only cares about new users and how to get everybody else onto a subscription based platform! if they continue on this path they will lose a great deal of users, they need to focus on new functionallity and intergration into online trading platforms!

Every online broker offers real time data and features that leave Metastock in the dust! To top it all off, these features are FREE!!!

So the question for metastock is this , Why would I pay for this service when I can get this for free?

To John Slauson, go ahead and get rid of the EOD Data feed!, You will lose my business as I will find a new data feed and new software! I allready have other programs on my pc, and I'm just waiting for a push to other data vendors!
I'm not the only trader that would switch!

As a trader, I have learned not to rely on one software program and only one data vendor.

My trading room is protected against disasters, wether they come from a software provider, data feed, power, pc crash. I will not be caught off guard, I have a backup plan and other options.

THE ONLY WAY EQUIS WILL LISTEN TO US USERS,IS FOR US USERS TO NOT ACCEPT SUBSTANDARD SOFTWARE!!
eddie.m  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:19:24 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Laisze wrote:

Hello Laisze, [:)]

One more thing.
I use MS since 1997 and I passed through many software versions, all of them with their bugs, but NO BUGS ever stopped me or delayed me from being a profitable trader. [:D]

I went through MANY sleepless nights to "program" this or that over the past 15 years, since my programming skills continued to be lackluster all this time, only for me to understand that code programming is not my forte. Despite my frustrations on code writing, my trading account kept swelling sometimes a bit, sometimes a lot.

What I ignored to achieve in programming I achieved in observing and acting outside my encoded formulas.

I won’t tell MS about bugs because I AM POSITIVE they know of more bugs than I could ever identify.

eddie.m  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:23:10 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

Laisze wrote:

Hello Laisze, [:)]

One more thing.
I use MS since 1997 and I passed through many software versions, all of them with their bugs, but NO BUGS ever stopped me or delayed me from being a profitable trader. [:D]

I went through MANY sleepless nights to "program" this or that over the past 15 years, since my programming skills continued to be lackluster all this time, only for me to understand that code programming is not my forte. Despite my frustrations on code writing, my trading account kept swelling sometimes a bit, sometimes a lot.

What I ignored to achieve in programming I achieved in observing and acting outside my encoded formulas.

I won’t tell MS about bugs because I AM POSITIVE they know of more bugs than I could ever identify.

eddie.m  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:37:34 PM(UTC)
eddie.m

henry1224 wrote:
Eddie.m, You can continue to beat your head against a brick wall all you want and the only result will be , is that you will have a headache and a bloody forehead!

Don't worry about Metastock! Equis only cares about new users and how to get everybody else onto a subscription based platform! if they continue on this path they will lose a great deal of users, they need to focus on new functionallity and intergration into online trading platforms!

Every online broker offers real time data and features that leave Metastock in the dust! To top it all off, these features are FREE!!!

So the question for metastock is this , Why would I pay for this service when I can get this for free?

To John Slauson, go ahead and get rid of the EOD Data feed!, You will lose my business as I will find a new data feed and new software! I allready have other programs on my pc, and I'm just waiting for a push to other data vendors!
I'm not the only trader that would switch!

As a trader, I have learned not to rely on one software program and only one data vendor.

My trading room is protected against disasters, wether they come from a software provider, data feed, power, pc crash. I will not be caught off guard, I have a backup plan and other options.

THE ONLY WAY EQUIS WILL LISTEN TO US USERS,IS FOR US USERS TO NOT ACCEPT SUBSTANDARD SOFTWARE!!

Hello Henry,

I understand your frustrations but I wonder if you understand mine.
I already agreed to your views in another post a few days ago and I agree again this time with your post here.

However, a light-bulb went on in my head, and I believe I have the solution for MS, for you, for every old MS user and for … me.

Just wait until you read my proposal to John, the product manager at Equis in the other thread and his final reply, all this within this week.

I cannot stop you from doing what you believe it’s best for you, nor will I ever try. Rest assured your opinion TO MY UPCOMING PROPOSAL, just like the opinions of those who will care to reply, will count.

Laisze  
#13 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:30:32 PM(UTC)
Laisze

Poor eddie.m... delusions of grandeur didn't meet expectations.
Au revoir.