logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alan R  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 9:20:04 AM(UTC)
Alan R

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have been trying to get an answer as to what exactly the Standard Error Indicator in MetaStock indicates or measures. In the field of Statistics there are different measurements and different formulas of these measurements for Standard Error. For example, there is a standard error of the mean, or the standard error of the linear regression slope, to name a couple. I have been in contact with MetaStock Technical Support but they cannot give me an answer as to what their own indicator indicates nor can they provide the code.

Can anyone in the community give me an answer to my question? Also does anyone have the MetaStock code used to generate this indicator. By understanding to code I would be in a better position to understand just what the MetaStock Standard Error indicator is indicating.

jjstein  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:26:55 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
>>they cannot give me an answer as to what their own indicator indicates nor can they provide the code.

Hmmm. Interesting, since it's on their own site. See http://forum.equis.com/forums/thread/37398.aspx