logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andy309  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:30:29 AM(UTC)
Andy309

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Just started having this problem after 6 months of trouble-free downloads. Issue pertains to both the Downloader and MetaStock icons. Is not due to windows firewall or AV software or start-up files...all disabled to test but to no avail... My ISP insists that no ports are blocked on their routers (always open). Have tried both 7983 adn 7984 ports: The last address reached after a 'run test' was at line 13 of 30: 268ms 278ms 279ms 202.97.49.45 I use a woreless internet connection but am sur ethis is not the problem as performance is very good (no other connection problems, good upload/download speeds etc.). Grateful if anyone can advise/ help. Anyone else having this problem? PS. I note a similar issue explored on this site in Jan 2010. Some suggestion this was due to Reyters ISP changeover and outdated blocked lists.... Could this be the current problem... has my ISP been blocked at Reuters? Thanks Andy (Canberra, AU)
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 3:35:24 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Andy,

Reuters Datalink has only blocked access to ISP's that are reserved. (I have heard our IT people call this the "martian list") A couple were released back in august and our IT people had to adust to firewall to allow those access, but that has already been done.

if trace route does as you say, the next step is to try telnet on port 7983. Also, it would probably be best to continue this with either our phone or chat support as they can then give immediate feedback to your questions. We would like to resolve this as quickly as possible so you are not pay for a service you are currently unable to access