logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SingTrader  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:19:13 PM(UTC)
SingTrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi, Sometimes System tester takes a very long time to run tests (which might be due to errors like it is unable to connect to data source, which it does not flag). If I try use the option to terminate the system test, Metastock hangs, and I need to kill it. Has anyone else faced the same problem?
johnl  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:21:26 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have had system tester hang on me before. I believe I started by deleting all reports
and running the test over just a few stocks. You might try that and see what happens.
MS Support  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:48:01 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Some things to look at:

1) Running a system test against online data is tremendously slower than the same test on the same number of local data files. If you are using online data, please try the test on local data

2) Simulation functions will slow-down a test. using 1 simulation function may add a couple of minutes to a test. Using several can push that back a lot further. If possible, try the test without the simulation functions to see if it works better.

neither one of those issues should lock or crash the system tester. if you run other tests, do they have the same issue? Please trying it with one of the system tests that start with PS.