logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sharmanup  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:20:54 AM(UTC)
sharmanup

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello guys, I've had a problem with missing data bars for few days on few Forex symbols, and a Futures symbol. All involved the same dates, well the futures one involved few dates in past too. On speaking with support i was advised that there was a problem with data on those dates and they'll try to fix the issues. My query is that these are some symbols which i use and so was able to discover the error in the data. What if there are any other symbols for which data is missing for some days. I hope it is very much understood that any trading based on analysis including indicators would be possibly flawed. I was just wondering as to there was any way/any exploration that i could run on the a group of securities which would point out the symbols for which data was missing. I mean instead of checking every symbol individually for every day(which i think is not possible) it would make finding out securities with data errors much more easier. And ofcourse once such symbols are noted the Metastock support could be notified of the same and then they could fix it up. Any help on such exploration would be appreciated. And also on another thought for Metastock technical support, such errors are very far and few, so maybe if the Metastock technical support could come up with a method/way in which may the users could be sent a small e-mail or notified in any other way, about the details of such issue as soon as it occurs so that the traders can benefit from checking for such error and not trade on such symbols till the errors are fixed. Any help/advice would be really appreciated Anup
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:05:41 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Create a scan/indicator which measures the time difference between the current bar and the previous bar.

wabbit [:D]

sharmanup  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 2:08:25 AM(UTC)
sharmanup

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thnx mate. Also i wanted to ask you an issue with the Expert Advisor. When i attach an expert advisor to a chart, it doesn't show the status of the last completed bar. e.g. on Daily bars, it shows the status of the bar for 28/4/11Thursday, but not 29/4/11 Friday. But if i turn Recalculate Expert Live it shows the status of the last complete bar too. But when i do this the Expert Advisor keeps on giving alert signals if any associated with the last bar continuously. Can you guide me about that? Regards Anup