logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sharmanup  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2011 1:52:57 AM(UTC)
sharmanup

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello everyone, I use MetastockPro11 with real-time subscription of the data from quotecenter. I don't use Quotecenter and use only Metastock. I use DataonDemand function of Quotecenter. The data for some of the days in some charts is not there. e.g. in the Forex EUR-GBP chart the bar for 08/4/2011 is just a flat bar i.e. same OHLC; and then the next bar is dated 12/4/2011. Now, i spoke to the technical support sometime ago, and i was told that the data feed is structured in such a way that for Forex, the daily data will appear 1 day ahead on charts i.e. the daily bar of 8/4/2011 will appear as a daily bar dated 9/4/2011. I don't have much issue with that, but there is incomplete bar on 8/4/2011, and missing bar of 9/4/2011(if 10/4/2011 and 11/4/2011 were to be Saturday and Sunday). How can if fix this. Now when i go to shorter timeframes like 4 hourly/hourly and so on, this discrepancy isn't there anymore. Any help would be really appreciated. I've tried Updating Symbol DataBase; Clearing DataonDemand Cache. When i used Metastock offline and used Downloader and created local data; the dates started to appear without any problem, yet the flat bar and the missing data on the dates as mentioned above still remained. This has happened on a futures contract too, e.g. for SPI200 the data is missing for 1 day here and ther on 3 occasions. Regards, Anup
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 1:58:40 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The number of reporting banks for some of the symbols has decreased in recent months. There was an outage of the feed from the banks for the days you referenced. Here are two alternate symbols with more reporting banks that have data for that time period:

$$EURGBP.RTS
$$EURGBP.RTX