logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bex1210  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:18:12 AM(UTC)
bex1210

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have Metastock 10.1 running on Windows XP Pro SP2. Last fall I made Equis DataLink my data provider. In the Downloader Collection Report, the first line says "Message from Reuters Datalink." Clicking on Details says "Welcome to Reuters Datalink." How do I delete this message? I periodically click on this line assuming that there may be something valuable. Reading the same message over and over is a pain. Likewise, the 2nd line "Additional Information" includes symbol changes, etc. Once I make the changes, I would like to be able to delete this message, but cannot find a way to do so. Can someone provide any guidance? Harry
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 1:42:13 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
The welcome message is sent by the Reuters Datalink servers. There are no options to disable it. It is used during troubleshooting to verify you are able to connect to the servers.

The additional information is only sent for symbols that have not been corrected. Each time you connect, the downloader sends the list of symbols you want data for. The server examines the list and prepares the data downloads for the requested symbols. It also sends back messages for symbols that are no longer valid or have been changed in the last month or so. If you remove the symbols that are no longer trading and/or correct the ticker symbols that were changed, then you will stop getting messages about those symbols. However, this is an ongoing process and new symbol changes will generate new messages.
bex1210  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:47:29 PM(UTC)
bex1210

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thanks for the information. Harry