logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Moz87  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:58:04 PM(UTC)
Moz87

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have just subscribed to Metastock and I am trying to make use of the Inverse Fisher RSI along with the [censored]I, both of which were the subject of an article in October's Stocks & Commodities magazine. The problem I am experiencing is installing the .dll file. When I downloaded the file, I tried to save it to the External Function DLL location but was denied access. From the desktop, I have no idea how to install this file. Also, does it contain the necessary code for the Inverse Fisher RSI to work? When I copied the formula as instructed, that too did not work. Guidance on this matter will be greatly appreciated! Chris
Moz87  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:05:42 PM(UTC)
Moz87

Ok, now I realise it might be a good idea to download the manual......sorted :)
wabbit  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:14:31 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
This has nothing to do with MS -- unblock the file in the operating system (right click on the file and select properties) Now copy the .dll file to the External Function DLLs folder and restart MS.

There has been a lot written on the Forum regarding Fisher Transform and about how people are wrongly applying it.

wabbit [:D]

Moz87  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:11:13 AM(UTC)
Moz87

Hey, thank you for the advice but I managed to sort it out by downloading the manual, something I should have done in the first place. One thing I am still unsure about though is how to actually get the code to work. When I type in the code word for word, for either the [censored]I or the FIsher Transform, I get the error message 'This is not a recognized name, constant or operator.' on the first line of the code. At risk of sounding completely stupid, why is this? There is no mention of doing anything other than what I have done in the article and I am no expert in programming. I don't understand why something so simple as applying a formula should be this difficult. I'm sure I could figure out the problem by reading through reams of programming information but I subscribed to MetaStock to trade, not to learn how to programme. Once again, guidance would be much appreciated. P.S. Sorry for the rant! Chris
johnl  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:54:21 AM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

When creating an indicator I fetch the DLL functions from the indicator list from
the "functions" bottom at the bottom of the create indicator window. That way I really
know that MS can see it and it's not a spelling error. Oherwise I sometimes run into
the same problem you have.
Moz87  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:17:23 AM(UTC)
Moz87

Thanks John but I do the same as you. All the article in TASC said was that you needed to download the .dll in order for the code to work. It did not however, tell you how or where to use it. I inserted the file into the formula box by using the Functions menu, then pasted the formula underneath that in the hope that it would work. For a step by step guide to programming the Inverse Fisher, it's ambiguous to say the least.
johnl  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:29:28 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Post your indicator code if you are interested.