logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mitenp  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:14:11 AM(UTC)
mitenp

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi,

I would like to display trades that I have executed previously on top of a chart to be able to analyse entry and exit patters, re-visit my trade plan (or lack of !) etc. based on trade data that I have accumulated

Look to achieve the same kind of view that you get after clicking "Plot On Chart" from the Enhanced System tester where the different entry and exit points are displayed for review.

Is there a plug in, code or formula that provides this functionality

Thanks
mstt  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:53:22 PM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi My Trade Equity indicators will do that for you. You will need to create Buy and Sell formulas to use as inputs to Trade Equity, so some MetaStock skills are required. Typically these indicators would look very similar to EST code windows. I currently support three TE indicators, one for long equal-sized trades, one for short equal-sized trades, and one for long and short equal-sized trades. Compounding equity formulas are no longer supported but the "equal" TE indicators accept an external position-sizing formula. When the display module is linked to its parent Trade Equity indicator you can select any one of more than twenty trade-related statistics besides the basic equity curve plot. The Trade Equity information you can find at http://www.metastocktips.co.nz/weekly_system.png has not been kept current but should give you an idea of the possibilities. For more information and/or current formulas write to me at rlarsen@quik.co.nz. Roy