logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
exito100  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 3:26:32 PM(UTC)
exito100

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I have just started a new subscription to Reuters Data link. It works well if I just load data to view charts/indicators but the explorer does not work at all. Explorer takes nearly a minute per share and rejects all shares with the following error message in the rejection window of the report page: "The vendor does not have any information available for this symbol". Clearly the vendor does have all the data since it works nicely when loading them into charts... so why can t explorer get them? Any help greatly appreciated.. klaus PS: I did update the symbol data base.
johnl  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 7:18:07 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

That's a weird error message.
Are you sure that the exploration data path is the same as the charts data path?
exito100  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 2:40:42 PM(UTC)
exito100

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Problem solved! I have never restarted windows when i was tryiing to fix this problem. Today when I reopened MS10 it claimed that one copy of it was already running - though there was no window open. I checked the task manager in windows 7 and it showed no applications running but MSwin as an active process amongst the usual 80 or so others... I cancelled this one and could start MS10 this time with no complains ... and the problem with the explorer not loading data was solved. Not quite clear how this process could only block the explorer from loading data but not charts.. but that seemed to be the case. I should have tried restarting windows right away... Maybe this helps someone with a similar problem in the future :) Klaus PS: Thanks for your reply - The reason I opened MS10 was to find any path information for the data.. which sounded like a good idea :)
SingTrader  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:15:59 PM(UTC)
SingTrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I am facing the same problem in MSPro11 today - my charts are fine, but explorations give the error message "The vendor does not have any information available for this symbol. Location: QUotecenter". I have restarted my PC, but the same situation persists.
MS Support  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:49:46 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 150 post(s)
your message sounds like MetaStock is timing out while waiting for the online data to load. You could try reducing the number records requested for the exploration or use local data instead of the online data.