logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
msssassin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:20:17 PM(UTC)
msssassin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I made a excel sheet with the S&P 500 with live data feed from both my brokerage account and yahoo live quotes. I also put together some RMO, MacD, Swing, Stoch, and Bars formulas to make an indicator that would rate a stock between -10 to 10 with 10 being strong buy and -10 strong sell. I've added the ratings to my default template and they look good.

Now I wanted to make a new column in excel next to my quotes to keep a real time feed of all 500 (100 would be fine too is 500 is too much) stock's ratings based on my new indicator. Is there any way to do this?

Also to hit two birds with one stone... I have been trying to do the copy paste special -> links -> CSV for just one company but I get #NA in excel. Is this because the market is closed right now?

THANKS!!!!

Specs:
MS 11
Windows 7
Very good comp
johnl  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:52:11 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I highlighted a exploration results (multiple securities) and did a Ctrl-C in Metastock, then did a Ctrl-V into a excel spreadsheet and it worked fine. Is that what you are looking for?
Do a search for "export" to see additional discussions also.

msssassin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:46:19 PM(UTC)
msssassin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Does that give live data? Like will it update on a minutely basis monday when the market opens? Thanks for the help
Justin  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 26, 2010 2:38:25 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Copy/Paste Special would be the primary way to get this to work. There are a few reasons this could fail, such as operating system/excel security settings. It can also fail if you attempt to paste special from a layout. OLE links can only be created to a smart chart or a saved chart, not a layout.