logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kddupont  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:53:13 PM(UTC)
kddupont

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I purchased one of the datalink packages last night via the online sign-up. I kept looking for the user credential e-mail which never showed up. Checked spam filters, junk mail etc... with no sign of e-mail. I then did an online chat today with a support rep who tried to re-send the e-mail which I never received (again...). The support rep then proceeded to manually provide me with the username/lpassword. Then lo & behold I try to my first download tonight and I get an invalid password error. Is this level of technical difficulty and borderline shoddy support typical with Datalink? If so, I'll just cancel and cut my losses now... Has anyone else experienced these type of issues? Thanks in advance!
johnl  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 7:16:55 PM(UTC)
johnl

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have had the normal US stocks download for several years and have had no problem
with the download. I would wait to see if you like the data before jumping ship.

Justin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:03:40 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I noticed you have .COM on your email address on your account record with us, but have .NET on your forum email address. Not sure if there is an issue there.

Either way, I just tested your DataLink logon and was able to sign in and collect data. Please note that the User ID and Password are case sensitive and must be entered in all uppercase letters.
kddupont  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 6:18:15 PM(UTC)
kddupont

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The issues were partially resolved today via the help of "Jennifer" on the call line. The login issue was due to the incorrect password the chat support tech provided to me yesterday. Jennifer provided the correct password to me and I am now able to download data. Justin: Thank you for providing some insight on a potential issue with the e-mail issue. I previously did have a .NET e-mail address however that address has since been changed. My account information on the Equis site does have my current e-mail address which is the one I thought would be used to send the Reuters credentials. This address has been successfully used for other Equis communications. I used to subscribe to Datalink several years ago when I had the .NET address. Is it possible that when I signed up for Datalink again that my old account (with the old e-mail address) was simply re-activiated? Thanks again, kddupont
Justin  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2010 10:25:14 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Looks like Roadrunner was actually blocking us, for quite some time actually. We have had this happen with some other providers like Comcast, although we usually get those sorted out more quickly. I guess there are just not as many people using that domain any more, but thank you for bringing it to our attention! One of our IT guys is looking into getting us unblocked on that domain.