logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stochdoc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:17:14 PM(UTC)
Stochdoc

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Does anybody know where to find (and apply) this function?
v.trader  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:35:02 AM(UTC)
v.trader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, Do you need a formula(indicator) for drawing 45 degree lines?.... If you are just looking for drawing tool which dispalys a 45degree line you can go to your drawing tool bar(usually on the left) and select Gann line which is a 45 degree line and then apply it to the chart. Hope it helps. VT
Stochdoc  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:45:04 AM(UTC)
Stochdoc

I've tried that. It works fine for upward sloping 45 degree lines, but how does it work for downward sloping lines? Is there a trick for the downtrend?

Thanks VT

v.trader  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:07:48 AM(UTC)
v.trader

Yes, there is a way to draw a downward sloping trendline.... In the same toolbar where the Gann line is when you click on the arrows on top you will have to find the "Trend line by angle" option... When you find it and start drawing, you will encounter a circle which in horizontal position is at 0 degrees.... When you start rotating the trendline you could end up at any degree. To create a 45degree one you will almost have to do a full circle(1st quadrant on a Y-X axis) and stop at some value, hover over the trendline and you will see the degree. Continue changing the line until you approximate it to around 45. The same procedure goes for a downward 45 degree line which on the Y-X axis graph is namely a 315 degree line(instead of being in the first quadrant as a 45, it is in the fourth quadrant.e.i symmetrical about the x-axis). Therefore, starting from a 0 degree (horizontal) and moving clockwise a little after the 0 line you will have downward sloping line. Check its value and continue adjusting until you arrive at a 315 degree line. Hope it helps. VT
Stochdoc  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:23:54 AM(UTC)
Stochdoc

VT,

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted. It is easy to right click on the line, select properties and edit to 315.

Thanks for your help.

v.trader  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:39:00 AM(UTC)
v.trader

Oh ok haha. I haven't worked with this future but I see you are learning fast. No problem. Good luck with your analysis. VT