logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MCUser  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:03:15 AM(UTC)
MCUser

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello,

I am using The Downloader 10.1 to get historical data for futures and indices.
I am trying to get the description for my instruments, in order to make a file with symbols, names and exchanges, like that :

#Symbol;Name;Exchange
AEX;AEX INDEX FUTURES;LIFFE

I cannot get this information for each instrument from the lookup window, because they are too many instruments, for example they are more than 30000 indices that I want to link with an exchange automatically. If there is no work arround, can you at least provide us with a file that contains this description please.

Another question for you, I registred to Reuters Data Link last week, I received a link to download the The Downloarder 10.1 , but it seems that there is another recent version of the Downloader ( 11.0 ), how can I get it ?

Thanks for the help
Justin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:53:49 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

We don't really have anything like that unfortunately, just what you see inside the symbol database. As for The DownLoader 11, this only comes with MetaStock 11. The only reason we made a new stand-alone DownLoader (we went from 8.01 standalone to 10.1 standalone) was for Vista compatibility. There is nothing The DownLoader 11 can do that 10.1 cannot do.
MCUser  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:57:53 AM(UTC)
MCUser

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thanks for the reply. There is something I don't understand, in the install folder of the Downloader, we have two files : Groups.xml and SectorsAndIndustries10.xml that contains category description for futures and stocks, we can use them to identify the exchange associated with each future or stock. But why we don't have the same thing for indices ? why indices are not categorized by exchange, like futures and stocks ? Can you provide us a similar xml file with indices name or symbol and the asssociated exchange please ? it will be very helpfull !

It's realy an anoying problem for us. Are we gonna have the same thing when we using the real time product ( QuoteCenter ) ?

Thanks
Justin  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2010 11:58:52 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The symbol database is a fairly complex piece of software that is built from a variety of sources. The short answer is that the file we receive from Reuters used to build indices does not contain this information. If that ever changes we can certainly update the exchange column, however.

QuoteCenter uses a completely separate set of files for symbol database construction.