logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
geoluke  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:15:42 PM(UTC)
geoluke

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

G'day,

I am a big fan of layouts, they are great for grouping stocks into portfolios etc etc.

However, I frequently find I am moving charts from one layout to another (say from a watchlist to a portfolio). If I want to keep the line studies/text that I have done in the one layout and transfer them to another layout I have to remove the chart from the layout A, save it as a smart chart, then open the layout B and add the smart chart. I find it's a huge hassle.

Ideally, I'd like to have a function (like a radio button) on the "edit layout" window that allows me to define the method for how a layout saves all the line studies/text etc either to the respective smart chart for each layout element, or to save the line studies/text for all the charts within the layout, which is how it currently works as I understand it.

Doing so would allow more functionality for those, like myself, who move charts between layouts regularly while not causing an inconvenience to those who might prefer the current method. This default layout behaviour could be set from the Tools>Options menu.

Cheers
Justin  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 10:44:32 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

You might be able to use Window-->New Window after clicking on the chart in question. This should make an exact copy of that chart which you could then add into another layout via File-->Edit Layout.

Not to say that there aren't some good suggestions there; being able to selectively control which parts of a layout/template get transferred to a new chart would be handy. Just wanted to throw that out there as a possible way to simplify some of the work involved.