logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zigzag  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:42:37 PM(UTC)
zigzag

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello guys and gals

Is there any way to extract EST results data in bulk into Excel? I am looking to filter optimized results by:

1. gross profit/abs(gross loss)

2. max consecutive losers

3. max consecutive winners

4. max drawdown

among others...

This is data not displayed in the first Results screen in EST. I would have to open each test result one-by-one, copy/paste each field into Excel, etc... for even a modest number of results, this would be extremely cumbersome, time-consuming and error-prone, not worth the effort.

This data exists and must be already stored somewhere (perhaps in the ST_DATA file?). Is it possible to retrieve it and export it into Excel?

Many thanks.

ZigZag

Justin  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 12:39:55 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

The results are stored in various locations in the "Results" folder as well as inside the ST_DATA.MDB file, so I don't know of anyway to bulk move those results into Excel. As mentioned, you will likely need to drill into each result and use the "Save" option to save each HTML tab (Summary, Orders, Positions, Equity, System).
zigzag  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 1:56:57 PM(UTC)
zigzag

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

thx Justin

I actually found most of the data in the ST_DATA file. Copy/paste into Excel works but it is impossible to match the ID data in the database with the results as seen on ESTs screens because the IDs in the database are all coded.

It's a shame: all the most important data to assess quality of test results in an efficient way are in the database but it so hard to be used.

Couldn't support people at Equis give guidance on how to efficiently retrieve that data?

thx again.

ZigZag

Justin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2009 3:09:28 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

While some users have gone in on their own to modify the Microsoft Access database, this is not supported by Equis in any way, unfortunately. I can take this as a suggestion for future improvement, but given the sensitive nature of this file and the likelihood of something getting damaged in the process, it will likely remain unsupported.