logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
koyasan  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 7:25:16 PM(UTC)
koyasan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I use Metastock Pro 10.1 with Quotecentre and European package with real time London Exchange. In the past two days I can't get any real time updates and any open chart has to be manually reset to even give EOD update (even that won't work with every chart, some are stuck on 20/08/2009). I've emailed Equis but thought maybe somebody could help me out in the meantime.

I've checked through forum questions and tried everything suggested, even reloaded Metastock in case a file or something was corrupted. My internet speed is fine (Line speed 7,76 Mbps and download speed 970 KB/s). Tested modem/virus software for usual open ports and firewall exceptions but nothing works.

I remember when I use to use Metastock EOD with Reuters Datalink that a similar data problem turned out to be an issue over data supply between Equis and Reuters which lasted a few days, so maybe it is the same thing and nothing to do with my computer etc.........though there is no alert posted on Equis to that effect.

I've spent hours trying to work this out ..hope someone has a fresh insight.

Data  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2009 2:15:30 AM(UTC)
Data

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Did they solve your problem ?
koyasan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:54:08 AM(UTC)
koyasan

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Thanks for asking, and they did not. I got a reply (four days later) asking for upload/download speeds which I sent and a further four days later received a notice of failure to deliver email. In the meantime I did resolve the issue which was a modem problem. Although my Local Area connection was fine for some reason my 1394 Net Adapter was showing as disconnected. I suspect it may have happened when I was upgrading the firmware on my modem, though email and other programs etc were working fine.

In fairness the problem was not with Equis and in the past they have been good with dealing with any issues that have arisen, though I can't say the same on this occasion.