logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snoopy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 11:21:58 PM(UTC)
snoopy

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello

Does anyone know if the new MetaStock 11 will be compatible with existing DLL plug-ins or will all of these have to be re-written and repurchased all over again ??

regards

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:15:54 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi snoopy,

Welcome to the Forum.

What MS11?

Although this question is probably best answered by someone in the development team; when a new version of MS comes out, all MSX function libraries should continue to work (unless the way in which the information which is passed to the dll function is changed) and all MSFL functions should continue to work (unless the MS data format is changed). If the dll calling method changes or the MS data format changes, I would like to think Equis will issue an intermediary function library to ensure backward compatability for existing dlls.

wabbit [:D]

snoopy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 10:38:18 AM(UTC)
snoopy

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

wabbit wrote:
Hi snoopy,

Welcome to the Forum.

What MS11?

Although this question is probably best answered by someone in the development team; when a new version of MS comes out, all MSX function libraries should continue to work (unless the way in which the information which is passed to the dll function is changed) and all MSFL functions should continue to work (unless the MS data format is changed). If the dll calling method changes or the MS data format changes, I would like to think Equis will issue an intermediary function library to ensure backward compatability for existing dlls.

wabbit [:D]

Hello wabbit. I have heard on the grape vine that Equis are working on Version 11 of MetaStock. I'm not sure if that is true or not but you would assume that it would backwards compatible with earlier plugins otherwise a lot of people will be p!@d off.

regards