logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AA50  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2009 7:20:41 AM(UTC)
AA50

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello everybody, I need your assistance on the following: I want to create an expert symbol for a low swing point with the following criteria (reverse for a high swing point): The low of the swing bar must be lower than the lows of the 2 precedent bars.Not equal,lower.I don't care about the highs.....Neither I care which one of the 2 precedent bars has the lowest low. Next,i want the high of the swing bar to be penetrated from the highs' of at least 2 bars,at the right of the swing bar,BEFORE the low of the swing bar is penetrated.I can accept a bar with a low equal with the swing bars' low,but not lower. And of course I want Metastock to assign an expert symbol (i.e a dot) at the low swing bar,when these conditions are met. It doesn't matter how many bars are needed,following the low swing bar,for the second condition to be met.Of course,2 at least,but maybe many more.It doesn't matter,as long as the low of the low swing bar is not penetrated. Thanks in advance for your help. Andreas
johnl  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2009 10:33:09 PM(UTC)
johnl

Play around with this formula and see if I came close:

a1:=If((L<Ref(L,-2)) AND (L<Ref(L,-1)),1,0);
a2:=ValueWhen(1,a1=1,H);
a3:=If((a2<Ref(H,-2)) AND (a2<Ref(H,-1)),1,0);
a4:=ValueWhen(1,a1=1,L);
a4*a3

AA50  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2009 11:15:49 AM(UTC)
AA50

Thank you John,but the formula doesn't cover the second condition. I want 2 bars with higer highs,AFTER the low swing bar,with the L of the low swing bar kept intact during this period. That means,that the symbol will be assigned to the low swing bar after 2,3,4,5, bars,when the condition of the 2 higher highs is met.