logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chestnut  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:01:22 PM(UTC)
chestnut

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

In the Enhanced System Tester, is it possible to enter a LIST of stocks (as opposed to each one at a time) when setting up a new simulation? I am specifically talking about an INTRADAY model that directly reads data from the supplier (as opposed to a local file).

I know I can do this with local files by putting the desired symbols into a local folder and selecting all of the symbols from that folder. But how would I do this if I am accessing the data from the vendor rather than using a local file? I have 50 stocks I want to run in a simulation and can't see typing them in one-at-a-time every time I run the simulation. (I know it saves them, but I run other simulations with other stocks, so the list keeps changing...)

Thx!

Heidi B  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:21:07 PM(UTC)
Heidi B

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Hi Chestnut!

One thing you can do that would make it easier to add all of your symbols at once is to add the 50 securities to your favorites, and then use the favorites list to add the securities to the system test when needed. This saves you the time it takes to locate each security one at a time.

To save a security to your favorites, right click on the security in the list and choose the option Add to Favorites. Create a new folder with your first security, then add the rest of the securities to that folder in Favorites.

chestnut  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 1:20:14 PM(UTC)
chestnut

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

PERFECT!

Thanks very much! [:)]