logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jckgas  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:05:39 PM(UTC)
jckgas

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I just wanted to make note of terrible data from Reuters Datalink. I compared my Dow Industrials chart to the one at Jose's site and saw a big difference. I checked at Dow Jones website and discovered that Reuters Datalink data is wrong. I called them and you get a salesman who refuse to acknowledge the facts. "I'm sorry you had that experience, but we have the best data" Blah Blah Blah. Avoid Reuters Datalink at all costs especially the yearly plan because they will not refund your money. It is also automatic re-billing on your credit card unless you tell them to stop billing. What a bunch of crooks. I am going to complain to the attorney general's office to see if there is anything I can do to force them to give out only correct data. There must be something in the contract that says they must supply correct data.
Richard Dale  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 11:25:15 PM(UTC)
Richard Dale

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Note that there are two Dow Jones Industrial Averages.

One is the "theoretical" version in which all constituent stocks are assumed to have made highs and lows simultaenously during the day.

The other is the "actual" version in which all constituent stocks are sampled intraday on a real-time basis and the highs and lows represent the "tick high" and "tick low" of the DJIA.

Dow Jones only started officially calculating the actual version in 1992.

Perhaps that might explain the differences.

Also, watch out for:
Saturaday trading - the NYSE traded on Saturdays until the mid 1950s so your DJIA should have that data.

Cheers, Richard Norgate Data