logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OPPRIME  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:24:50 AM(UTC)
OPPRIME

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi again,

I thought I'd let everyone know there is a new add-on called Tactical Trader "Advanced Trading Strategies." It is an externally developed add on for MetaStock. We're still putting together the marketing and sales information, but I think this is a very unique add-on available and I'm personally very excited about it.

Here is a bit of a demo on the add-on. I'll probably rerecord this demo very soon. Be patient there is a bit of a load time on this one:

http://forum.equis.com/Training/MSTraining/Tactical/TTDemo.swf

I found out about this add-on from one of my really good freinds, our dealer in Dubai. He has had a lot of experience with official MetaStock add-ons and he said his favorite one was this one. So I decided that I should add it to our catalog.

As always, If you have any questions or would like to peak at the manual. Drop me an email at jeffrey(dot)gibby(at)reuters(dot)com. (I've learned my lesson about posting an actual email address in forums.) Also if you have any suggestions on add-ons you'd like to see for MetaStock or partnership questions about working with MetaStock. I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks again everyone. I hope you like this one. I think you will.

stocktrader8  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:26:59 AM(UTC)
stocktrader8

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Would Equis be open to submitting the trading systems contained within this plugin for rigorous independent backtesting?
OPPRIME  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:38:51 PM(UTC)
OPPRIME

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm always looking for people that would be willing to look at new products before we decide to release them. Drop me a line.

billtrudeau  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:03:40 AM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I am trying to install Tactical Trader. I received an error message stating that my formula file is full, a condition I was aware of. I deleted formulas until I had 1849 formulas in my formula file. Equis said that the add-on would install 47 formulas, but I counted 57 line studies in the user's manual. After deleting the formulas to get to 1849 formulas, I tried to install the add-on and part way through the installation I get a message that my formula file is full. Does anyone know how many formulas are actually installed, and if it is not more than 57 formulas why I still get an error message?

Thanks, Bill

billtrudeau  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:12:56 PM(UTC)
billtrudeau

I called Equis support and was told that there are actually about 160 formulas, so I have additional formulas to delete. If and when I am successful I will post how many formulas there actually are.
billtrudeau  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2008 5:50:03 PM(UTC)
billtrudeau

On my third call to Equis the problem was solved. Though the first two calls resulted in my being told to reduce the number of formulas in my formula file, after I told the third support person that I thought that I had deleted the requisite number of formulas, I was asked which operating system I was using. When I said Vista, I was told to load the CD but to not allow auto installation, rather, I was told to right-click on the executable file and to open as the administrator. Once I did that the CD installed the necessary files and the problem was solved.