logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mpalod  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:50:27 AM(UTC)
mpalod

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi All,

I am frustrated regarding the historical database!!!!!!

Whenever I access the historical database thru a windows explorer, the database is getting locked and later getting corrupted. Corruption occures in the following manner: I can see the .DAT files present in the folder, but the database is locked & when the locked files are deleted the emaster & master files are redused to the 1KB size.

What could be the problem? & How can I fix this problem.

Best regards.

-Manoj Palod
Justin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:28:28 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

That behaviour doesn't make any sense. First, if you are regularly getting lock files, then either the program keeps crashing or some other application is trying to control our data. Second, deleting a file through Windows should not cause another file to shrink in size. We have people delete the lock files all the time and have never seen that behaviour. It sounds like some other application is trying to do things to our data files.
mpalod  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:55:29 PM(UTC)
mpalod

Thank you very much Pyradius for your reply.

Metastock is not crashing anytime. By the way I am on Vista Home edition.

I have this data in another folder which I am not accessing, but only updating the daily EOD's.
I have the Metastock historical data in c:\data\.............. there are sub-folders (this is my regular data which I access) then there is another folder I have on the HDD c:\ddata2\............... (this is my backup data) & the same sub-folders as in folder c:\data\...........

The folder c:\ddata2 is my backup folder which is causing problems & not the data in c:\data\......which I am accessing regularly.

Another thing Can we find out what application is trying to control the data. Any way to find this out? Any procedure? or anything?

I appreciate your help.

Thank You.

Best Regards.

-Manoj Palod

Justin  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2008 9:14:48 AM(UTC)
Justin

That's definitely strange. Are you finding ~MSFL files in your backup folder? How are you backing the data up? Just copy/pasting or using a program to do it?
mpalod  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:53:35 AM(UTC)
mpalod

Sorry for the late reply!!!!

Thanks for your reply.

I have just copied the data from my PC to Notebook(running on Vista - Home edition). I did not use any program line the Downloader for moving the files from the old HDD to the new one. Just used the pen drive to copy the data.

Do you think that would be the problem? I have used this method n number of times, but never had any problem, only this time I am facing problems. & the worst part is : it is happening frequently.

I really appreciate your help, Again, thank you very much for trying to help me.

Best Regards.

-Manoj Palod
Justin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:04:54 PM(UTC)
Justin

You mentioned it happens whenever you access the data through Windows Explorer. Are you simply opening the folder and noticing the file size being reduced or do you have to click on the files, etc?