logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paradox  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:14:18 AM(UTC)
Paradox

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I'm currently updating my security database using an internet sourced EOD ASCI Text file.

My problem is I think the "Downloader" program in MetaStock is only updating 1 copy of the same security in the database. EG, it won't update each copy of the security if I have a copy of it under various Index folders.

Can this be done OR must you only have 1 copy of the security in your entire database if you wish to import data in one hit (obviously it can be in any folder).

Thanx

wabbit  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 2:03:19 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi again Paradox,

I am not a big user of the Downloader, but my answer here might give you something to investigate...

You might need to create lists in the Downloader for each of the directories you are trying to update? You might be able to get away with listing several instances of the same securities that are located in different directories? You might have to do some experimenting, but let us know how you go.

This is one of the reasons why I use a quality data vendor. They provide me the tools to split up my data and distributes the data to each of my lists each time I do a download. I don't have to worry about different data folders, splits, adjustments and consolidations etc. This saving of my time, effort and worry is well worth the few dollars it costs to have a well maintained, configurable and reliable data download from a quality data vendor.

I use http://www.premiumdata.net